autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Buying in Bulk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Buying in Bulk

Hi everyone, I've lurked here a long time and recently have gotten into properly detailing. I've watched a lot of Larry and AmmoNYC videos, a lot of Mike's instructional pieces as well as Chemical Guy's' videos (despite the hate they get). I'm starting to run a little low on the frequently used products in my arsenal and was hoping people could weigh in with the best bulk options (half gallon and gallon sizes) for things like wash, speed wax, wheel cleaner, tire dressing etc. I'm also interested to hear people's favorite combinations of products. I mainly use Meguir's, Griot's Garage and Chemical Guys but will be testing the product on my vehicle before it is ever used on a customers'. Thanks for the advice and insight

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buying in Bulk

When you buy gallons you should be "locked in" to whatever you are buying because it can take a long time to consume that gallon before it is empty and ready for recharge. I buy a lot of gallons of Optimum, McKee's and Meg's because they are all very "gallon-friendly" in terms of what they offer and having a decent price point.

I have some CG products which are competent but they are all generally ready-to-use so the $/oz price is high compared to many Megs products which come in concentrate form. Pay close attention to the "yield" when you buy gallons. I always get attracted to concentrates like Megs sells for their Detailer's Line (i.e. shampoo, AIO, glass cleaner, etc.). Optimum doesn't have concentrates (except for rinseless wash) and are mostly ready-to-use but the savings of gallons vs spray bottle quantity is significant, ditto for McKees.

3. Likes DirtyConcepts liked this post