autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reset Car Shampoo ?

I've waxed the car and used regular car wash soap (Meguiars) from the box stores and each time after drying off the car it still felt slick like I just waxed it for at least 4 to 5 washing's over a 2-3 month period.

I had the car detailed with the clear bra then ceramic coating over the entire car. Thinking I should step up to a better car soap I purchased a bottle of the CarPro Reset.
    I use the two bucket method and put 1 oz to 5 gallons per the instructions on the bottle.
    When I wash the car it still beads the water great, but now doesn't have that slick toss a microfiber cloth on the hood and it slides off , it now sticks ! or on a waxed surface do the spider fingernail test and your fingers nails glides, but now don't.

I have done a through wash, clean and treated the surface again with CarPro Reload and its nice and slick again. Only to next time I wash it with the Reset soap its right back to as if there is no protection on it.

I mean I know there is, but what gives ? Is this normal ?

I dry the car off with Griots One Pass PFM Drying Towel which works great ...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reset Car Shampoo ?

Slickness is a byproduct of some ingredients used in a variety of detailing products, but it is by no means a long lasting property in most cases. It is very common for the slick feeling to disappear after a thorough wash. Most nano coatings are not slick to the touch as it is, so if you wish to have a slicker feeling surface, you need to use a product designed to produce such a feeling... CarPro Reload, as you mentioned, will do just that. Most any basic quick detailer will also add some slickness, as will spray waxes, spray sealants, traditional waxes, traditional sealants, etc. CarPro has recently released "Gliss" which is a slick feeling nano coating meant to be used as a top coat to their CQuartz coating line. I have not tested Gliss, but I do intend to when I get the chance.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

What Z said. I have 2 different ceramic coatings on my vehicles. I use reset when I feel I'm losing some clarity on my coated cars. I find that my quick detailer with ech2o and reload, along with spraying coating toppers on the cars really add to the slickness but seem to build up after a bit. Reset does just that. It resets it back to a freshly coated vehicle.

As Z said though, ceramic coatings are not known for slickness. The protection is still there but if you want slick (which I love) you will need to top the coating

Post Thanks / Like

If you top a coating with a product that doesn't work synergistically with coatings(traditional spray wax, etc..), it will feel slick, but you're altering the hydrophobic water properties of that coating. Use a drying aid, or top with CarPro ECH20, which is designed to work with coatings, and the slick feel should still be there.
    '03 Corvette Z06

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Slickness does not equate to gloss or protection. I’ve felt super slick swirled out messes and non slick gloss monsters. I know which one I’d rather be driving.

Post Thanks / Like

A follow up question.
    What car wash soap would you recommend for regular washing ?

Would it be ok to wash the car with Reset about every 2-3 months and do another Reload treatment or am I not thinking right in between regular car washes ?

The car had a clear bra and Opticoat done last Aug and it still looks like the day I picked it up from having that done.
    It is garaged and I keep it clean .

Thanks for any and all replies !

Post Thanks / Like

You can use car pro reset on a regular basis without issue. This past summer I used it exclusively on my Audi and it was perfect. As others noted just use a good detail spray or your frankendetailer of choice. I use what I call "blue juice" which is CarPro ECH20 at 20:1, put about 27oz into a bottle, add 2-3oz reload and shake well before each use. Use distilled water when you mix up your detailer.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    You can use car pro reset on a regular basis without issue. This past summer I used it exclusively on my Audi and it was perfect. As others noted just use a good detail spray or your frankendetailer of choice. I use what I call "blue juice" which is CarPro ECH20 at 20:1, put about 27oz into a bottle, add 2-3oz reload and shake well before each use. Use distilled water when you mix up your detailer.
    I will second this. To TTQ B4U's credit, I took his advice and started using the same "blue juice" and it is amazing! I am cheap and only add about an ounce and a half of reload. I tried it at 3oz and it seemed to streak worse but it could have been in my head. I really love the stuff though. Beads water like crazy and feel much slicker than just the coating by itself.

9. Thanks TTQ B4U, VitreousHumor thanked for this post