autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

glaze over sealant ?

I just used a fine compound(rupes ultra fine) on my black hood & then covered with McKee's hi-def sealant. although it looks pretty good I'm still seeing some swirls. so now I'm looking to hit it with poor boy's black hole glaze. will the black hole remove the sealant ? if so could I just reapply the sealant after the poor boy's ? guess I should have checked for swirls after the compound. looked great in the garage but sunlight told a different story. thanks.
    hmardown

Post Thanks / Like

Re: glaze over sealant ?

Yes, I think the glaze will remove or diminish the sealant. If you can see swirls, I doubt the glaze will fill them up, at least, I've never had any luck with it.

Post Thanks / Like

you can try blackhole. If the sealant has actually sealed the surface, it would only fill any swirls that are in the coating, not in the clear. I used black hole on my ceramic coated navigator that got some swirls in the coating and it looked better in that spot. Hopefully that helps you.

Post Thanks / Like

oh, nevermind...you said sealant, not coating...blackhole would polish a sealant right off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    oh, nevermind...you said sealant, not coating...blackhole would polish a sealant right off.
    ok thanks. maybe I'll just try it & then hit it again with a sealant. I was also thinking of taking the sealant off with something else(maybe a cleaner)& then using black hole for the swirls & then reapply the sealant. any opinions on what to use for that scenario ?
    hmardown

Post Thanks / Like

any polish will work...I use menz stuff....if I was chasing swirls I would start with 2500. If you aren't wanting to correct the swirls and just want to fill, 3500, then black hole, then seal

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on your paints hardness Rupes ultra-fine (white top) would be better replaced with Rupes fine (yellow top) and yellow pad or micro fiber pad. My paint needs Yellow polish and yellow micro-fiber pads.

Post Thanks / Like

wingcommander
    the paint & clear is soft. I did try the yellow top with yellow pad & that worked better. I'm trying to use the least amount of abrasives as I can. I did waste my time with the white & should have used the yellow to start(next time). the sides of the truck look ok, I'm just wanting to do the hood over. I do have some meg 205 & pb blackhole. the truck is black & I'm trying to mask some light swirls so I think I'll try the poor boy's. I saw a video of Mike's on a black vehicle & was impressed with how it came out. then I'll reseal it with McKee's Hi-Def. may do it this morning as soon as I take the snow off the hood & pull in the garage.
    thanks
    hmardown

Post Thanks / Like

You need something a kin to 'WET GLAZE'. I don't think anyone makes it anymore. The formula changed hands a few times and I don't think any of them are in business anymore (Danase & Detail Shoppe?). It was an acrylic based glaze with filling. No cleaners. When Ultima UPGP first came out everyone was layering the UPGP and Wet Glaze to create a nice effect. It had the typical acrylic sealant type of beading; medium size beading with decent sheeting. I still have 1/2 bottle of the original Danase Wet Glaze.

10. Likes Rod73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I could be in the minority here but I thought the CG ez cream glaze was pretty similar to the Danase. I got both at home still

Heck I like black light too so call be strange lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast