autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some Advice

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Some Advice

So guys after about a good year or so of saving up my money, I have finally saved up to by myself a set of 22" rims with a tire package for my GMC Sierra. The tires that come I have read a bit about them and they seem to be pretty good tires. Now my question is should I buy these rims and tires for $1300 or should I just keep on saving my money? I do plan on keeping my truck till I finish school which won't be for another 2-3 years. What do you guys think?

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some Advice

Start a Roth IRA with it.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For me i feel that the last step to complete my truck would be these rims and from there on all I can focus on would be making sure my truck stays in good condition. After this I do plan on saving my money back up.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Some Advice-1490194052049-jpgSome Advice-1490194058268-jpgSome Advice-1490194062157-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

If you DO need new tires:
    get them (Safety First).
    But buy them to fit the original
    equipment (OEM) wheels.

Please, for goodness' sake, forget
    about those wheels that you posted.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Man that bad ouch lol and well these were just some rims I looked into. I wanted to go the alternative route of just buying some rims of Craigslist or something but most of them are rims themselves and I'd need new tires which would be like maybe $400 short of what a new set would cost me plus I will more then likely keep my stock rims and tires for emergencies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieg711 View Post
    So guys after about a good year or so of saving up my money, I have finally saved up to by myself a set of 22" rims with a tire package for my GMC Sierra. The tires that come I have read a bit about them and they seem to be pretty good tires. Now my question is should I buy these rims and tires for $1300 or should I just keep on saving my money? I do plan on keeping my truck till I finish school which won't be for another 2-3 years. What do you guys think?

I don't know I hear there a real hassle with having to change them in the winter and everything

Post Thanks / Like

Take half of it and start a Roth IRA and take the other and buy new tires. You are young, you have the rest of your life for nice rims, vehicles etc. Time is on your side. You'll thank me 30 years from now when I'm long gone and you have a nice bundle of $$$$ in your IRA
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Your Roth IRA will be around a lot longer than those wheels ever will be

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey man, do what makes you happy. If getting wheels and tires for your truck makes you happy then rock on! But...do think about all your options so you can be happy with any decision you make.

One thing I will say is stay away from replica wheels. It's not worth your saftey or your money. The first wheel looks like a replica all terrain wheel. Buy a wheel from a reputable manufacturer. A lot of time these cheep wheels have finish issues too aside from saftey issues.

Bottom line is if your gonna do it do it right. Don't cut corners.

A really good set of wheels and tires is gonna be more than $1300. I bought a set in that price range before and the chrome was peeling of after a year.

I've been down this road before with customizing vehicles and I've told my self the same thing..."this is the last thing I need" well it never is. It's a very deep rabbit hole. So be careful. If you really only are getting wheels then cool.

It's hard to say if I could do it all over again whether I would or not. Would I save my money or build two vehicles. I really did gain a lot of knowledge from what I did. Which was more than wheels and tires but it sure would be nice to have all that money for a project vehicle now. When I sold those vehicles I never got half that money back but that's just the name of the game when you customize vehicles.

So again, do what makes you happy but do think about your future. I was young and would have never listened if someone told me to save my money.

Most important thing is to do your research and educate yourself on the things you want to do so you can make educated decisions. Make smart choices and you'll be good to go.

Hope I didn't confuse you more than help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast