autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some Advice

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    And $XXXX in wheels and tires add nothing to the value of the truck IMHO.
    If you were trying to buy/sell a used Cadillac Eldorado such as this:

Equipped with Vogue wheels & tires.

Stock wheels & tires.

You'd be paying alot more for the 1 equipped with Vogues. And if you were selling it? You'd sell that car so fast and as long as the tires are still fairly new, you'd see at least an extra $1,000-$1,500 out of it.

It's not like $1,300 is going to seriously alter anyone's life... People drop $600+ on a Rupes Nano even though their vehicle's paint is already flawless.. $2,000-$3,000 on a stupid engagement ring just so their gf can impress her friends... And a whole bunch of other stuff in the blink of an eye. Nothing wrong with treating yourself and buying some nice looking wheels & tires for your ride.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieg711 View Post
    I have finally saved up to by myself
    a set of 22" rims with a tire package
    for my GMC Sierra.

I do plan on keeping my truck
    till I finish school
    I'm curious as to what manner, ways,
    or means, that you believe these tires
    and wheels will add enchauntement
    to/for your current lifestyle?

TIA.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

We all spend our money on things that make us happy. Honestly I've spent a ton of money on detailing products I either didn't like or don't use any more. Should I have saved that money? Maybe, but it helped me learn and find out what works and what doesn't. It's a Hobby just like customizing.

As long as you are spending your money responsibly and your not putting yourself in a tough spot. You're good. Don't spend beyond your means.

I said it in my earlier post ad I'll say it again...DON'T BUY CHEAP WHEELS AND DON'T BUY REPLICAS PLEASE. Get all the specs for proper width, back space, and offset buy a known brand. You will thank me down the road. You can always sell your wheels seperate from the truck when the time comes. You will get some money back. You will get more that way because chances are someone else won't appreciate the truck as much as you did and wont give you what you think it's worth.

22's really aren't that big of a wheel any more. Silverado and sierras come stock with 22" wheels with certain packages now. They started that on the new 14' and up.

Quality 22's with the proper specs and tire size won't change the speedo at all.

The cool thing about trucks is you have options. You can lift and put big mud tires on it or lower it with big wheels and street tires. There is no right or wrong it's all preference. Honestly I think both look cool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    The only thing 22" wheels do on a truck is make it ride like garbage.

It's your money, do what you want.

I was well into my 30s before I owned a vehicle that was worth keeping nice. When you look back, the rims that were on your ride won't matter. If you want a change in looks, I agree with the others that say check out other OEM options and save your hard earned cash.
    The rims may not matter but the knowledge learned at the possible time spent with people you care about will matter.

Looking at the picture of what the OP want his truck to look like he's gonna be doing more than just wheels.

I know from personal experience that working to customize my first truck with my dad and brother when I was 20 was priceless. I spent way more money than I should have back then but I'll always have those memories and that knowledge. That truck was sold to buy my motorcycle and my motorcycle was sold to help pay off a loan.

Life works itself out. Enjoy it. You only get one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If you were trying to buy/sell a used Cadillac Eldorado such as this:

Equipped with Vogue wheels & tires.

Stock wheels & tires.

You'd be paying alot more for the 1 equipped with Vogues. And if you were selling it? You'd sell that car so fast and as long as the tires are still fairly new, you'd see at least an extra $1,000-$1,500 out of it.

It's not like $1,300 is going to seriously alter anyone's life... People drop $600+ on a Rupes Nano even though their vehicle's paint is already flawless.. $2,000-$3,000 on a stupid engagement ring just so their gf can impress her friends... And a whole bunch of other stuff in the blink of an eye. Nothing wrong with treating yourself and buying some nice looking wheels & tires for your ride.

Sent from my iPhone
    Great post! I agree!!

Post Thanks / Like

The main thing is that you finish school...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for all your responses, I truly do appreciate all your concerns. For me buying these new shoes for my truck will be the final step for finally having my dream truck. I have had my truck for 2 years now and it's still in great shape. Everything is in good shape I've recently had it checked at a shop and they where amazed of how good it runs, now the hard part on my truck was my paint. It was all faded, oxidized and full of swirls but thanks to all you guys and your detailing tips I invested towards good products and machines to help my truck shine. I will sell my stock rims and tires for $450 and already have a few offers, I also am still left over with a few hundred bucks that I will continue to save for years to come or invest it towards detailing on the side to help me get through school. I am finishing my second year of college and so far everything has been going good and I will most definitely finish school and get myself my dream job and from their whether I keep my truck or not will be probably the hardest decision of my life but until then I will continue to keep her looking amazing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yg1829 View Post
    The rims may not matter but the knowledge learned at the possible time spent with people you care about will matter.

Looking at the picture of what the OP want his truck to look like he's gonna be doing more than just wheels.

I know from personal experience that working to customize my first truck with my dad and brother when I was 20 was priceless. I spent way more money than I should have back then but I'll always have those memories and that knowledge. That truck was sold to buy my motorcycle and my motorcycle was sold to help pay off a loan.

Life works itself out. Enjoy it. You only get one.

Had the truck for two years now and I just recently paying attention to how badly I was treating the paint and everything. I stopped going to car washes, I bought myself a power washer, PC polisher and all the best compounds and polishes I could find for decent prices and whatever else it takes to keep my truck looking good. The rims aren't for me to show off or any of that stuff they are more of me showing that I really appreciate my truck and do take good care of her.

Sent from my XT1650 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of advice for you! I, too, would stay away from most aftermarket wheels for the most part, unless you're prepared to spend a lot of money for a reputable brand (and from the way it sounds, you aren't). Rather, I'd be looking at Craigslist if your mind is set on "upgrading". And I'd be looking for a set of OEM wheels that someone just pulled off a new truck. If you are willing to wait it out, something WILL show up. People are always getting new trucks and pulling off tires/rims at 500 or 1000 miles.

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money,finish school and put the rims on your next new truck & take care of the whole package.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast