autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggest an appropriate QD after a paint sealant?

I don't use any wax on my cars...just me. I do use paint sealants/polishers, though. As I'm getting older and lazier, I'd like to use a good "quick detailer" every now and then. I'm presently using Blackfire Wet Diamond and Crystal Seal. Please suggest an appropriate QD to use during my lazy moments. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggest an appropriate QD after a paint sealant?

FinishKare 425 or Kenotech Showroom shine are rather well thought of or you could get into some of the Polish Angel Spritzes at a bit higher cost. Not sure if the PA stuff is considered a true QD though.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Crystal Mist is my all time favorite. I am still trying to finish my bottle of BFWD sealant and reapply that LSP about every 3-4 months. After every weekly wash i dry then wipe in Crystal Mist and it looks phenomenal again as if i just LSP'ed it. The gloss and slickness is out of this world. It's an easy 10-15 mins. to apply with a good, clean MF.

Post Thanks / Like

QD - Meguiar's M34 Final Inspection, or Optimum No Rinse diluted to clay bar lube strength.

Spray sealants - Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax, or Duragloss Aquawax.

I really liked using Meguiar's M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer, but it's been discontinued.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking for a actuall Quick Detailer you can use for minor touch ups like bird droppings and finger prints, or a spray wax as a booster? By the sounds of things, you're after a spray wax.

I like Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray and Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax the best. For my tastes, they aren't interchangeable. I'd would use one or the other based on color/paint type on the vehicle.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

@flycaster. You and I speak the same language. I too hate "spray waxes" because I don't want/need anything interfering with my dedicated coat of sealant that I lay down.. I hate spray waxes to the point that I Never use them on my own paint.

A week ago I got a gallon of Meguiars Last Touch, and I'm liking this stuff more and more everyday. I normally had Megs D114 available, but if you've ever used it as a quik detailer/waterless wash you know it's not exactly the best "feeling" stuff as you're tediously trying to wipe down your moderately dusty/dirty vehicle while ensuring it remains swirl free.

But this stuff, whooo man. This stuff is slicker than nobody's business! And it packs a respectable punch too, meaning I have at least twice the confidence of using it compared to D114 as a waterless. I also have Megs D115, but it's basically useless for me here at home as I'm not even 1% interested in the "wax" it leaves behind.

Suggest an appropriate QD after a paint sealant?-imageuploadedbyagonline1477922508-672566-jpg

I went outside just now to see whether my lsp had been altered from having used Last Touch twice in the past 7 days, it's also rained 2 days in this past week.

Here's what my hood looked like right now. [the flash on the camera turned everything white. That's my coat of sealant looking strong as heck]

Suggest an appropriate QD after a paint sealant?-imageuploadedbyagonline1477922642-383852-jpg

After hitting it with the hose nozzle on shower setting, I can confirm that my coat of sealant has not been altered, and it's a beading machine just the way it should be. Successful results.

Suggest an appropriate QD after a paint sealant?-imageuploadedbyagonline1477922855-727850-jpg

If you hate your lsp being hijacked by these dang spray products these days that try to do more than they're good for.. Then you've heard my recommendation. Megs Last Touch gets it right!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    I don't use any wax on my cars...just me. I do use paint sealants/polishers, though. As I'm getting older and lazier, I'd like to use a good "quick detailer" every now and then. I'm presently using Blackfire Wet Diamond and Crystal Seal. Please suggest an appropriate QD to use during my lazy moments. Thanks.
    We don't need to know this kind of info. Let's stick to detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    I do use paint sealants/polishers
    I'd like to use a good "quick detailer"
    every now and then.

Please suggest an appropriate QD
    to use during my lazy moments.
    Not sure if my definitions of
    "good QD" and "appropriate QD"
    are the same as yours...

But since I don't like for my choice
    of a Sealant and its characteristics
    to be affected by the use of paint
    cleaning products, such as QDs...

I prefer to use Meguiar's D114.
    Do you have any?

Note:
    Nick is in the process of getting a
    D114 replacement product ready
    for introduction---post haste; at
    least that is my wish.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob, what's not to like about LT?
    So far IME, it's has the benefits of D114, except it doesn't feel like having my teeth pulled while being awake.

You got something against Pina Coladas or what?

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, guys, a ton of good suggestions. However, I think I didn't make my request as clear as I could when I used the word "appropriate." "Appropriate" needs a little more definition...I think. I would be using the QD after washing the car and I want to use a QD that won't interfere with the way sealants bond to the paint/clearcoat in the future.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast