autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggest an appropriate QD after a paint sealant?

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    Wow, guys, a ton of good suggestions. However, I think I didn't make my request as clear as I could when I used the word "appropriate." "Appropriate" needs a little more definition...I think. I would be using the QD after washing the car and I want to use a QD that won't interfere with the way sealants bond to the paint/clearcoat in the future.
    Boo this man! Lmao😄

... In that case, just get yourself some regular Meguiars Quik Detailer, in the maroon bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I didn't make my request as clear
    as I could when I used the word "appropriate."
    "Appropriate" needs a little more definition...I think.

I would be using the QD after washing
    the car and I want to use a QD that won't
    interfere with the way sealants bond to the
    paint/clearcoat in the future.
    That's why you'd want a product
    exactly like Meguiar's D114.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    what's not to like about LT?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I don't use any wax on my cars...just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaxMaster1 View Post
    We don't need to know this kind of info. Let's stick to detailing.
    Since when is the "WaxMaster" not interested in hearing about waxing of any kind? Do I sense a bit of jealousy here? 😄Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @flycaster. You and I speak the same language. I too hate "spray waxes" because I don't want/need anything interfering with my dedicated coat of sealant that I lay down.. I hate spray waxes to the point that I Never use them on my own paint.

A week ago I got a gallon of Meguiars Last Touch, and I'm liking this stuff more and more everyday. I normally had Megs D114 available, but if you've ever used it as a quik detailer/waterless wash you know it's not exactly the best "feeling" stuff as you're tediously trying to wipe down your moderately dusty/dirty vehicle while ensuring it remains swirl free.

But this stuff, whooo man. This stuff is slicker than nobody's business! And it packs a respectable punch too, meaning I have at least twice the confidence of using it compared to D114 as a waterless. I also have Megs D115, but it's basically useless for me here at home as I'm not even 1% interested in the "wax" it leaves behind.

Attachment 53231

I went outside just now to see whether my lsp had been altered from having used Last Touch twice in the past 7 days, it's also rained 2 days in this past week.

Here's what my hood looked like right now. [the flash on the camera turned everything white. That's my coat of sealant looking strong as heck]

Attachment 53232

After hitting it with the hose nozzle on shower setting, I can confirm that my coat of sealant has not been altered, and it's a beading machine just the way it should be. Successful results.

Attachment 53233

If you hate your lsp being hijacked by these dang spray products these days that try to do more than they're good for.. Then you've heard my recommendation. Megs Last Touch gets it right!

LT looks like a product I'd like to use, but I do have a question about how to properly use it. OK, let's say I've been using LT for a couple of months and now I would like to do some Blackfire Clear Crystal. Will I have to do anything special like wash the car with Dawn or wipe it down with alcohol before washing to get rid of the LT, or can I just use my regular car soap, do the BFCC, and then do the LT after the next washing? As you an see, my concern is the that LT may interfere with the BFCC's bonding.

Post Thanks / Like

Suggest an appropriate QD after a paint sealant?

Blackfire Crystal Seal is just a liquid sealant right? Yea no problem at all. [at least I'm pretty sure 99% since it doesn't affect my process]
    Just wash the car with your normL car wash soap and as long as you're passing the baggie test, proceed straight to sealant.
    LT doesn't leave any gimmicky hydrophobic layers on your paint. It doesn't claim to magically blend with, top, or extend your current lsp [it sort of does, but if you read through the lines all they really mean is your lsp will last longer for the fact that your surface is remaining cleaner most of the time by using this, as opposed to remaining dirty all week, taking a beating until you bucket wash it]
    LT doesn't contain wax. Doesn't contain sealant. It's main objective and quality is it's lubricity. Super slick while using it in order to do what a quik detailer is supposed to do. That same slickness remains shortly after its been applied, which of course helps keep your paint less dusty than normL for a bit [I'm guessing 1-2 days] And of course with slickness comes a bit of added gloss as a natural good side effect.

But that lubricity is just that, and not anything that alters your protection and it's original behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Eldorado2k, I'm on my way to getting some LT...

Post Thanks / Like

Curious as to why anyone hasn't mentioned Uber Rinseless mixed to QD ratio?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1EdgeKilla View Post
    Curious as to why anyone hasn't mentioned Uber Rinseless mixed to QD ratio?
    I'm guessing it's because the 1st thought that comes to mind is it's a rinseless 1st, and it being a quik detailer is somewhat of an afterthought. Especially in this case where the OP is specifically asking for the exact product he's looking for.

Sort of like if someone asks: What's The best polish? My 1st thoughts and recommendations are going to be polishes, and not some willy nilly stuff such as HD Speed, or whatever AIO, when the person specifically asked for polish.
    If they were asking for best AIO, then it'd be a different story

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't use any wax on my cars...just me. I do use paint sealants/polishers, though. As I'm getting older and lazier, I'd like to use a good "quick detailer" every now and then. I'm presently using Blackfire Wet Diamond and Crystal Seal. Please suggest an appropriate QD to use during my lazy moments. Thanks.
    Nothing wrong with not using a wax. You have a good sealant on. You're golden. As for QD, I am a huge pusher of Ultima Waterless Wash +. It performs the duty of QD, drying aid, and touch up via waterless wash very well. It is truly amazing. Its the only "QD" I own currently other than testing something cool.
    Carolina`s Finest Detailing - Charlotte areas preferred CQuartz Finest Reserve & GTECHNIQ Crystal Serum Ultra coating center. STEK/Suntek PPF
    www.Carolinasfinestdetailing.me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinasFinestDetailing View Post
    Nothing wrong with not using a wax. You have a good sealant on. You're golden. As for QD, I am a huge pusher of Ultima Waterless Wash +. It performs the duty of QD, drying aid, and touch up via waterless wash very well. It is truly amazing. Its the only "QD" I own currently other than testing something cool.
    What does the + mean?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast