autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best liquid wax

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best liquid wax

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Does Pep Boys have a detailing forum?

Why not be fair to the sponsor of this forum?
    I wasn't trying to dismiss our forum provider, I was merely mentioning it could be purchased locally. Sometimes it makes more financial sense to purchase locally than to order online. Obviously, Poorboys can't be purchased locally, so I threw our forum sponsor a bone as well...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OCDetails View Post
    Not 'Pep' Boys. "Poorboy's" is what he said. Autogeek is a distributor of Poorboy's products, so I think he is being pretty fair to the sponsor of this forum.
    Read it again, he said "Pep Boys"

Originally Posted by RPPM View Post
    Meguiars M66, decent cleaning and cut, easy on and off, available at most Pepboys by the gallon.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Hands down Collinite 845! Easy on and off, great wet gloss, long term durability! A little goes a very long way!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree without the proper prep im just making a turd shine better. But if that's what they want against what I believe then I will give them what they want. I know this isn't the optimal idea of a customer but I live in a rural area and people don't care for vehicles correctly. We have a few that are willing to pay and appreciate solid work but it is very rare around these parts. But if I can make a quick 125 bucks and they are happy and come back then I consider it a win overall

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    Hands down Collinite 845! Easy on and off, great wet gloss, long term durability! A little goes a very long way!
    how long does it last

Post Thanks / Like

Butters wetwax. Easy as hell to use, in fact wash the car, leave it wet and apply it with your wax pad. Skip the drying step. It can be applied wet or dry, then come back and buff it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1976 View Post
    Nuf said

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailsbydaniel View Post
    Im trying to find a liquid wax option that yields fair results. I feel that people who do not want to pay for a clay job on the vehicle waste my time and product if I use anything better than liquid wax. This type of person just wants quick shine on the cheap. So any tips on the best liquid wax for the money would be appreciated. I would dedicate a wax pad for the polisher to this job so I do not have to worry about any contaminates getting in my good wax jar from these beaters.
    I find spray wax as a cheap detailers way of doing it. I want to try and keep my integrity lol. I thought of using collinite 845 but have heard it's tough to remove compared to others. Im tryg to find something I can spread via machine then come right back and wipe off. I like the idea of not spending much time waxing this particular type of customers vehicle since they have no appreciation for true detailing
    I agree without the proper prep im just making a turd shine better. But if that's what they want against what I believe then I will give them what they want. I know this isn't the optimal idea of a customer but I live in a rural area and people don't care for vehicles correctly. We have a few that are willing to pay and appreciate solid work but it is very rare around these parts. But if I can make a quick 125 bucks and they are happy and come back then I consider it a win overall
    I don't know, you're losing me here. The percentage of people who are going to pay for "solid work", as you put it, in any locale, is going to be very small. So you're going to be stuck doing the wash & wax jobs until you can develop a clientele of people who want to have their car polished, which may be never, in your rural area. But yet you want to take that customer that doesn't care, and that you clearly don't care about, and put a polisher on their car. Why?

How about shifting your perspective--and trying to differentiate yourself and at the same time make your job easier for the next time you wash this car (and maybe you will if you get above-average results). Since claying alone can frequently make a difference in the appearance of a vehicle, how about this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0aLOJKKM1k

Perhaps instead of viewing these customers as "against what you believe", if you take the lemons they are giving you and give them back lemonade, you can enhance your reputation and maintain your "integrity", show them that you can give them better results than a "cheap detalier" and create loyal customers and expand your clientele.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally for great durability, very good appearance and very good value for money I'd use 845 BUT thats only on paint in great shape.. DA apply with black finishing pad and hand buff

For paint that has seen less care I'd also go with M66 . ie a little cleaning ability and a reasonable sealant.. it's gonna give a better end appearance due to the cleaning aspect for pretty much the same effort.. DA apply with light polishing pad and then hand buff

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Car Wax is what I use on a lot of customer cars.

Yes, it's a spray wax, but is more like a spray sealant with Carnuba in it. Slick and glossy and quick and easy.

It's supposed to have good durability to it, but have never tested it.

I've never had a customer ask me why I didn't use a "traditional" style wax.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast