autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How much dirt do you accept?

We all like a clean vehicle. That's why we're OCD (obsessive compulsive detailers); but short of cleaning your vehicle daily - which isn't too practical, how dirty do you let your vehicle exterior get before you attend to it?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much dirt do you accept?

Rinseless wash 2 times a week only takes 10-15 mins, so it says pretty clean. Rims and tires about once a month.

Post Thanks / Like

Once per week top to bottom wheels and all typically. Audi is pretty much Rinseless only, the van I do both bucket hose and rinseless when I'm in the mood. If I can get 3 days without rain that is. This week calls for rain at 30% or better for the next 5 days or so Thus I will likely just do the inside. That's okay with me as a well maintained black car that shines like a mirror still looks pretty darn nice even with a couple rain showers on it. I will tend to clean the windows though as I can't stand foggy / dirty glass.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Rinseless wash once a week generally, wheels included. My car is parked outside almost 24/7, so usually at that point (a week after washing) I can see the dust on the car as my car is black.

Post Thanks / Like

2 bucket weekly with foam gun for extra lube.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Exterior wash and interior once a week. Weekend. Foam gun wash. Wax as you dry product after each wash.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

ONR with Garry Dean wash method once a week. Lately, however, I have been using my foam gun again along with the adapted Garry Dean method (a few microfiber cloths in a bucket of soap, use 4 sides of the towel and discard). Usually use Megs Xpress wax as a drying agent but I have used Adams H2O Guard and Gloss lately and LOVE it.

Post Thanks / Like

Weekly ONR wash (Garry Dean method) including wheels. D156 every other week. Opti-Seal (as drying aid) every 3rd week. Daily - remove tree sap / bird bombs (dang, pine trees near my office) plus a QD spray for horizontal surfaces. Interior - Set routine - one section nightly (it's a nice relaxation after dinner.)

Post Thanks / Like

I do my car every 3-6 weeks unless something demands my attention. I live in NYC, its my daily (although i average about 1k miles every 3 months. lol) so yeah... I let some dust settle before i worry about it. But since I am starting up my detailing business, basically whenever I can as long as weather permits. (works out to be like once every week with QD spray on anything that gets a little out of hand), I just purchased a wet dry vac blower thing, so I can rinse the car a bit more often... I dont wanna towel dry it too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BM1024 View Post
    Weekly ONR wash (Garry Dean method) including wheels. D156 every other week. Opti-Seal (as drying aid) every 3rd week. Daily - remove tree sap / bird bombs (dang, pine trees near my office) plus a QD spray for horizontal surfaces. Interior - Set routine - one section nightly (it's a nice relaxation after dinner.)
    I like the one section nightly routine. Guess I'm not the oly one that does that. I'll ONR (or Opti-clean if not that dirty) the hood and two front fenders one night and the four door the next night, then the rear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast