autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the best ceramic/nano glass coating for a first timer?

Ok Im new to this whole coating thing. I have a 2014 Deep impact blue mustang the paint is well taken care of and its garage kept. I bought the Wolfgang polish kit that has the clay,polish enhancer sealant 3.0 and detail spritz. so far Ive just used the wash and the polish enhancer and they have worked out nicely. I'm looking for a coating that will help prevent light scratches from dust and normal driving. I don't have a DA so right now I'm doing everything by hand. I'm researching the WG ceramic coating but after reading this thread I'm even more confused. is this AP cosmic the same as the WG ceramic or is it just a coating like the WG paint sealant 3.0. Please help point me in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redline8k View Post
    Ok Im new to this whole coating thing. I have a 2014 Deep impact blue mustang the paint is well taken care of and its garage kept. I bought the Wolfgang polish kit that has the clay,polish enhancer sealant 3.0 and detail spritz. so far Ive just used the wash and the polish enhancer and they have worked out nicely. I'm looking for a coating that will help prevent light scratches from dust and normal driving. I don't have a DA so right now I'm doing everything by hand. I'm researching the WG ceramic coating but after reading this thread I'm even more confused. is this AP cosmic the same as the WG ceramic or is it just a coating like the WG paint sealant 3.0. Please help point me in the right direction.
    Wolfgang ceramic and PA Cosmic are both nano ceramic coatings - harder and more durable than the paint sealants. They literally have silica contained in them - as in glass - so it forms a barrier reducing scratches and swirls. But they do require more prep and work than a sealant.

Although many assert the PA product is as easy to worth with as a sealant - I'll find out next week.

3. Likes 07rs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used Polish Angel Cosmic with 2 coats on my Honda Civic and the sheeting diminished after 12 months but the Cosmic Spritz came out and then I was back in full sheeting mode. I have tried Wolfgang paint sealant 3.0 and it only last 4 -5 months. The Cosmic was simple to use with my Meguiars' DA. I originally ordered directly from from PA USA with Travis and it was shipped directly from Germany by DHL.No flashover and great shine and durability. I have used many of the PA products and I love everything they make. The stuff is handmade in Germany and it does what it says it does. No IPA wipedown when you use the Invincible primer .

I just wash my car 2-3x months then use the DP hand blower to dry my car. I always prep my car with TRIX wipedown then 2 bucket wash , use the Nano Autoscrub DA pad with Glide for the claying step and the on to the Invincible primer and 2 coats of Cosmic with a coat of the Cosmic spritz in between to shorten the cure time to 12 hours for water exposure.Best coating with the least hassles on the market that I have used. The car is garaged at night but sits out during the day.

I believe you can't go wrong with Cosmic Polish Angel

Post Thanks / Like

So I did my coating today with Polish Angel Cosmic. As a mini show-and-shine,
    Washed with CG Citrus Wash and clear, at max clean concentration, iron-x and nanoskin fine wash mitt with a mix of soap and BF Rinseless diluted to a clay lube. Also, used the PA Mint wheel cleaner - it's an amazing product!

Since I had just done a full correction in May and just used the PA invincible primer on my Megs polished and GG 3in DA, with a gloss pad. Primer is really easy to use. Wipes clean and cleans out of pads with ease.

Then onto the PA Cosmic. Did two coats, 2 hours apart, followed by PA Cosmic spritz 2 hours later to cleanup and cut cure time. First coat put on too thick and similar to a strong wax, it was a PITA to take off. Lesson learned on 2nd coat and was much easier. Not Souveran easy but still relatively easy.

Finished off the jambs, plastics and trim with BFCS, wheels coated with PBL wheel coating, tired with BF tire gel. Finished after sundown so excited to see the results in the light but, even under crappy fluorescent lighting, the results are promising!What is the best ceramic/nano glass coating for a first timer?-imageuploadedbyagonline1470111589-800986-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaFawnduh View Post
    So I did my coating today with Polish Angel Cosmic. As a mini show-and-shine,
    Washed with CG Citrus Wash and clear, at max clean concentration, iron-x and nanoskin fine wash mitt with a mix of soap and BF Rinseless diluted to a clay lube. Also, used the PA Mint wheel cleaner - it's an amazing product!

Since I had just done a full correction in May and just used the PA invincible primer on my Megs polished and GG 3in DA, with a gloss pad. Primer is really easy to use. Wipes clean and cleans out of pads with ease.

Then onto the PA Cosmic. Did two coats, 2 hours apart, followed by PA Cosmic spritz 2 hours later to cleanup and cut cure time. First coat put on too thick and similar to a strong wax, it was a PITA to take off. Lesson learned on 2nd coat and was much easier. Not Souveran easy but still relatively easy.

Finished off the jambs, plastics and trim with BFCS, wheels coated with PBL wheel coating, tired with BF tire gel. Finished after sundown so excited to see the results in the light but, even under crappy fluorescent lighting, the results are promising!What is the best ceramic/nano glass coating for a first timer?-imageuploadedbyagonline1470111589-800986-jpg
    Morning looks nice... Overall I wouldn't say I got any more "shine" that I usually got out of my previous regimen (BF Gloss Enhancing Polish + Crystal Seal + BF BlackICE) but the slickness is wicked and hope the durability lives up to the claims What is the best ceramic/nano glass coating for a first timer?-imageuploadedbyagonline1470150544-976978-jpgWhat is the best ceramic/nano glass coating for a first timer?-imageuploadedbyagonline1470150563-809773-jpg
    What is the best ceramic/nano glass coating for a first timer?-imageuploadedbyagonline1470149931-267235-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is the best ceramic/nano glass coating for a first timer?-imageuploadedbyagonline1470149876-995897-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking job, I used Viking coat and love it;

Post Thanks / Like

I used optimum gloss coat and it was great and easy to apply.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldLayne View Post
    Thanks. So how do you maintain or refresh your coating? Also is that coating safe for a rinse less wash like ONR W&S or ONR W&W?

You sure about the highlighted part? :-) I'll give you the humidity part but it is pushing 113-115 past few days here and humidity which is normally 10-15% is now at 40-45% because of monsoon season.

Don't have a garage and just covered parking space so I won't even attempt it atlas after Labor day and mostly early Oct when its nice outside.

You do a quick detail outside for 20-30 min at 7 pm and you want to take a 2 hr nap afterwards. Its that ridiculously hot.

So Cosmic is the one to use then over Viking? What is a 2 step thing?
    You're like the nagging wife that haunts a man to the end of his life. The answer of where I've been or what I did is never enough, you're just going to nag me into submission. You remind me of Abner Kravitz from Bewitched. And in closing I'll say this having just celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary. Thank god for me and my wife you are neither of us for we would have never survived 25 years together, Good night!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

hello, without reading all, is there any reply to the OP question ? What is the best ceramic/nano glass coating for a first timer?

For me, this is all bullshiite marketing and most of the brands sell the same things, but I must agree that I know nothing :-)

If you don't know what is the best, can we just say that any coating done the proper way by a pro is better than no coating at all (I want a coating because I never wax my car and do not want to spend my time doing it or bringing the car often to a car center).

Thank you for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benzw205 View Post
    hello, without reading all, is there any reply to the OP question ? What is the best ceramic/nano glass coating for a first timer?.
    It's all so subjective...first time, for a variety of reasons probably McKees Paint Coating...inexpensive, easy and forgiving.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast