autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic Detailer vs. Quick Detailer

As Gyeon Customer Service is completely unresponsive, I'm hoping someone here can reply, with some product knowledge.

What are the different use cases for Quick Detailer vs. Ceramic Detailer? The description of both products are very similar, other than the ceramic content. Pricing is also very close.

If I applied 2 coats of Mohs Evo and a CanCoat (old version) topper, which of these should I use and how often? And I have a bit of Cure left over. Where can that fit/substitute? I assume it's a dead product, but I still have some left.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic Detailer vs. Quick Detailer

The ceramic detailer of course has the ceramic component meant to fortify the ceramic coating. Hence it being the more appropriate QD of the two for your specific application.

How long has the Mohs + CC been on your paint?

You literally have 3 coats of ceramic coating on your finish and you want to add ANOTHER topper???

3. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is ceramic versus no ceramic between the detailers. Ceramic will have protection and the other will not.

Mohs should have come with a maintenance guide booklet which includes a page on maintenance and any of their maintenance products recommended once per month.

5. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It is ceramic versus no ceramic between the detailers. Ceramic will have protection and the other will not.
    This
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic Detailer vs. Quick Detailer

I've tried Gyeon CD. Went on/off well. Beading is meh. With that many layers I wouldn't use anything. Just a drying aid. Ech2o is great for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    If I applied 2 coats of Mohs Evo and a CanCoat (old version) topper, which of these should I use and how often? And I have a bit of Cure left over. Where can that fit/substitute? I assume it's a dead product, but I still have some left.
    I don't even waste my time with Cure or other similar products from other brands for their coatings. If you've done 1-2 layers of Mohs, you're solid for quite a while. I use CanCoat, now CCEVO as my yearly topper in the spring after a good clean up and decon with iron remover. I do this on all my personal vehicles and if a customer brings one in for a refresh.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

9. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I don't even waste my time with Cure or other similar products from other brands for their coatings. If you've done 1-2 layers of Mohs, you're solid for quite a while. I use CanCoat, now CCEVO as my yearly topper in the spring after a good clean up and decon with iron remover. I do this on all my personal vehicles and if a customer brings one in for a refresh.
    So very true. Same for my application of Pure EVO. No need for a booster or anything like it.

That said, I did buy a bottle of Gyeon Ceramic Detailer when I purchased the Pure EVO. I was hoping it would be similar to Cure only easier to apply. When I applied Cure over CanCoat many years ago, there was always a slight bump in gloss, especially as I neared the end of the CanCoat lifespan. I've not found Ceramic Detailer to be of much use. Like CarPro Elixr, it doesn't possess any real lubrication or cleaning ability like a true Quick Detail spray. Unlike Cure, it doesn't seem to do anything to the gloss. The only difference I've noticed after applying Ceramic Detailer is the surface feels a little more slick, which is meaningless to me.

Bottom line: The product has no value for me. When I need an actual quick detail spray, ECH2O will still be the product I reach for.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

11. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    You literally have 3 coats of ceramic coating on your finish and you want to add ANOTHER topper???
    Given that the product instructions say “you may apply another layer for improved durability”, “Mohs Evo can be topped with CanCoat 1 hour after being coated”, and “Use Cure as a maintenance product during your wash routine”, which is an SiO2 product replaced by CD, yes, I want to follow the manufacturers application and maintenance recommendations.

If you watch the Chicago Auto Pros video tests, a single layer of Mohs was nearly dead after a year with no maintenance. I’m assuming that following Gyeon’s install and maintain instructions will get closer to the 3-4 year stated life.

I’ll try Gyeon again for input. Otherwise, I’ll stick with my current plan of QD for bi-weekly washes, substituting CD on the ~8-12 week intervals suggested in the videos. Bi-weekly CD seems to be overkill, but I need something to clean up small water spots and streaks after a wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    Given that the product instructions say “you may apply another layer for improved durability”, “Mohs Evo can be topped with CanCoat 1 hour after being coated”, and “Use Cure as a maintenance product during your wash routine”, which is an SiO2 product replaced by CD, yes, I want to follow the manufacturers application and maintenance recommendations.

If you watch the Chicago Auto Pros video tests, a single layer of Mohs was nearly dead after a year with no maintenance. I’m assuming that following Gyeon’s install and maintain instructions will get closer to the 3-4 year stated life.

I’ll try Gyeon again for input. Otherwise, I’ll stick with my current plan of QD for bi-weekly washes, substituting CD on the ~8-12 week intervals suggested in the videos. Bi-weekly CD seems to be overkill, but I need something to clean up small water spots and streaks after a wash.
    As I stated Gyeon included a booklet with their coatings. It is all in there if you take a look.

The other thing is Chicago Auto Pros used the previous version and not the Evo version. Two completely different products.

Here is what the guide says. No need to reach out to Gyeon.