autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Primer first impression is good!

A bit of history. My Dad passed away in February this year. I inherited his 2014 Mustang Club of America. I have 3 other cars, 2 have Gyeon Syncro on them the 3rd has Polish Angel coating.

The Syncro cars were prepped with the Esoteric method, Jescar compound followed by Sonax perfect finish. Used only perfect finish prior to the Polish Angel coating.

I really like Gyeon products and have tried most of them over time. Have been curious about their compound and primer.
    Decided Dads Mustang will get them both and a new Syncro kit, too.

Dad kept the car very clean but he was a wax guy. I think Turtle Wax was his go to, though I gave him a bottle of Optimum Optiseal to try.

I am still kinda confused if I need all 3 Gyeon products: Compound, polish, and primer or if I can get by with just compound then straight to primer. Test panel will tell, but right now I want to use all 3.

I just received some quarter window louvres brand new in Ford Oxford white. Last night I went over them with Perfect finish then today decided to try out Gyeon primer on them.

All I can say is wow! Primer seems great initially. Very slick already. Easy to apply with Adams micro polisher and the softest pad I have (Amazon brand SPTA I think…2” yellow pad). Can’t wait to see if I can note a difference after 24 hours cure time. They will get Syncro too. The car looks great but needs a 2 stage at least.

Probably has Turtle Wax on it. It lived outside under a carport next to a Buick dealership body shop so front end has body shop dust on it. Will use Gyeon iron, tar, and Sonax clay disc on it.

Kinda surreal, I moved the car into my garage 2 weeks ago and am slow to start cause it’s near 100 degrees here.

Hope Dad is watching down on me and knows his Mustang will be very well cared for.

Here is Dad at the wheel, he had a 1964 white 289 convertible then this 50th anniversary Mustang 50 years later. He was a Ford guy for sure!
    Gyeon Primer first impression is good!-8c906d67-000f-4a1e-ba8b-0ade6f17ad9f-jpg

2. Likes BudgetPlan1, oneheadlite, SNP209, noorth liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Primer first impression is good!

Here she is after initial wash with Bathe. Only gets better from here, but a great starting point!
    Gyeon Primer first impression is good!-27f9410a-f006-411e-aea2-cd1e446cf548-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Primer first impression is good!

You don't need to use all the polishes. It is either the polish or primer so save yourself some time.

5. Thanks ptcary thanked for this post