autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gyeon Q2 Primer

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q2 Primer

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Just use GYEON Primer. It removes swirls and acts as a good one-step. Doubtful you'll need to compound unless it's trashed. Primer makes application of their coatings easier too.
    I agree primer makes the paint very smooth! I will be using primer this year just so i'm sure i will have a great bond and like you said it makes the application much more enjoyable. And i really enjoy working with primer.

Going to polish with a medium compound and pad first and quickly finish with primer and a finishing pad.

Rupes yellow foam and white, LC orange SDO and buff and shine red uro-cell - maybe uro-fiber 50/50 if I need it. First step - leale, 3D one or rupes DA fine - all 3 have different cutting abilities according to the manufacturers.

I will have all them on my detailing cart.

Actually thinking i will pick up my 2nd bottle of perfect finish and call it a day but i really don't like wasting money...only on beer haha

Post Thanks / Like

I’m planning to use CanCoat Evo soon and I looked at using Primer as a final polish before application. I found it stated a couple places including Autogeek (last paragraph) that if you don’t want to do an IPA/prep wipe prior to coating, that you must wait 24 hours after using Primer before you can coat.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I’m planning to use CanCoat Evo soon and I looked at using Primer as a final polish before application. I found it stated a couple places including Autogeek (last paragraph) that if you don’t want to do an IPA/prep wipe prior to coating, that you must wait 24 hours after using Primer before you can coat.
    What's the hurry? lol I've been told by an industry guy that 4-6 hours is fine to apply cancoat over primer without an IPA.

I have never tried it.

I will be applying cancoat late this summer i think. Applying high solid coatings outside is very tricky. I just want it to last 8mths or so.

Post Thanks / Like

A panel wipe can be done as soon as one is done polishing. There are no I’ll effects doing so.

5. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    A panel wipe can be done as soon as one is done polishing. There are no I’ll effects doing so.
    I understand. What I’m trying to point out to people, similar to the confusion with Essence is that it can’t just be coated afterwards WITHOUT a panel wipe unless proper cure time for Primer is given. At least that is what I’ve read multiple places. So for those in more of a hurry, a panel wipe seems to be required for Primer before coating.

7. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On lake country I use blue, green or black… And don’t Make the mistake that many people do on using a polisher; they move it too fast. On a 2 x 2 section make sure it’s taking you up to at least 4 Mississippi’s to move across the block… Let the polisher do the work. Too many people use it like they’re painting the surface.
    Glen -

9. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Primer and followed up with Paint Prep after I was done. I didn't wait 24 hours. Primer was on the paint for at most 30 mins before I removed it with Paint Prep. Not ideal but I was cut for time. I thought Primer worked well.

11. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    On lake country I use blue, green or black… And don’t Make the mistake that many people do on using a polisher; they move it too fast. On a 2 x 2 section make sure it’s taking you up to at least 4 Mississippi’s to move across the block… Let the polisher do the work. Too many people use it like they’re painting the surface.
    That's why I still have some swirl marks. I was doing it outside on my only day off battling the sun, so I did it too quickly. I'm happy with how it came out but it could have been much better. Come fall I will do it much more slowly and put Evo on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Come fall I want to re-polish and apply CC Evo. Is there a one step compound/polish I could use that would eliminate swirls that I could use to avoid using a compound and polish? Do you have to use Primer before applying CC?
    Primer is not a requirement to apply a coating. This goes for any primer polish. They have a light cut as they are finishing polishes.

Unlike the Dr. Beasley’s surface primers which are a range of polishes.

I understand. What I’m trying to point out to people, similar to the confusion with Essence is that it can’t just be coated afterwards WITHOUT a panel wipe unless proper cure time for Primer is given. At least that is what I’ve read multiple places. So for those in more of a hurry, a panel wipe seems to be required for Primer before coating.
    Dr. Beasley’s surface primers require no panel wipe and can be coated right over. In my experience these are better primers than Essence and Q2 Primer.

14. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, CleanIT, TTQ B4U liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123