autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon CanCoat vs Gyeon Trim

The only trim coating I've used is Dlux and I haven't had a reason to change. Like Guz said, it's nice that it also works on wheels and plastics. Very versatile and "cheap" as it covers several areas of the car.
    It's a little sticky to apply but you just need to work small areas at a time and avoid wiping it too much, spread as evenly as possible and just level it a little and move on, avoid going back to areas you already worked on. For texture trim, just spread it evenly and that's it, no need to level.
    Bruno Soares

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the advice! Looks like I will be getting a bottle of GYEON Trim!

Since the car is new I will be doing a washing, GYEON Iron, GYEON Clay bar, GYEON Prep and then I got the GYEON Primer. It would seem like since I’m going through all this trouble, I should do a full blown coating like Pure or Syncro, but what I have gathered out of all the reviews I have read are that most coatings don’t seem to truly last for more than a year, there are always more layers added, lots of top coats, etc.... Seems like money saved to go with CanCoat, it seems to last about a year if maintained and I can do my car and my wife’s car for far less money, multiple times...

I’ll be sure to take some pictures when I get my new 2020 VW Passat R-Line all cleaned up and coated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Likes TTQ B4U liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the advice, looks like I will be buying a bottle of Trim!

I will be sure to post some pictures of my new car when I am finished. It will be quite a bit of work... wash, Iron, Claybar, Prep then Primer. Seems like since I am going through all this trouble I should just put a real coating on it, but I have my doubts about the full blown coatings. It seems like you still have to keep adding new “layers” or “topcoats”. CanCoat seems to be a good value for the dollar, I can coat my car and my wife’s car multiple times, seems more cost effective to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the double post, I didn't think the first one posted up!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    I use both extensively. Can coat can be used on plastic trim but it won't change the color of it. Q2Trim will darken it up nicely AND protect it.

I used it on my wifes vehicle over 2yrs ago and it still going quite strong. No more need to use any products on the moldings. They look freshly dressed all the time.
    Is that a two year old application of CanCoat on the paint?!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12