autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This is why I'm a fan of CanCoat

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Have you topped Cancoat during the 4 months? I've been back n forth on what to put on our Durango. Its either gonna be Cancoat or Nanobond ceramic coating. One is obviously more easier than the other to apply but the full blown coating is also HALF the price of Cancoat Evo. And I'm the type who goes with products that provide the most bang for the buck.
    I have can coat evo on one of our vehicles, going on almost 4 months and still going strong like day one.

My 2 cents...go with can coat evo. IT is more bang for your buck than the no name off brand ceramic coating. 60 bucks for 200ml, one vehicle only needs 10-15ml.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

2. Likes CleanIT, BudgetPlan1, Azure, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Picture taken at a very rainy autocross a couple weeks ago.

I applied CanCoat to my car back in October 2019. Even on a slightly dusty car the beading and sheeting are excellent. The beads are little bigger now, but still far from giving up.

The only thing I've done to the car is keep it clean and topped with Cure every month or so.

I really think it will last until this Fall when it will be time to polish off what is left and try something else. That will be around 12 months and double the advertised durability.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    Maintenance is the key here
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

4. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can share linked videos from a Google Photos or Drive account, but what you did was just fine. Same outcome.

Have you topped Cancoat during the 4 months? I've been back n forth on what to put on our Durango. Its either gonna be Cancoat or Nanobond ceramic coating. One is obviously more easier than the other to apply but the full blown coating is also HALF the price of Cancoat Evo. And I'm the type who goes with products that provide the most bang for the buck.
    I topped it with Hydro2 lite but it wears off quickly as it doesn't bond well to Can Coat. I can tell by how the beading changes. When it's fresh, the Hydro2 beads OK but not on the same level, so when the beading picks up I can tell I'm back to just CC and the Hydro has worn off.

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro 2 lasts a little longer than beadmaker- and thats not long @ all-- maybe a tad longer than I can hold my breath.
    Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions-- Winston Churchill
    The difference between genius & stupidity is genius has limits-- Albert Einstein

7. Likes CleanIT, dgage, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have be VERY tempted to try can coat-- heard SO many great things about it. But when you find something that works great for you & really like it esp. the application process, its real hard to break free and try something new. If I remember CC has a great price point-- & that just might do it for me. Maybe this spring.

9. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    I have be VERY tempted to try can coat-- heard SO many great things about it. But when you find something that works great for you & really like it esp. the application process, its real hard to break free and try something new. If I remember CC has a great price point-- & that just might do it for me. Maybe this spring.
    Easy application too. Everyone overthinks it, I did too. As long as you make sure to give it a thorough wipe down it’s easier than a wax or sealant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes glen e, CleanIT, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    Paired up with PRIMER, their pre-polish and under-coat for the GYEON coatings, it's super easy to use. CanCoat EVO is even easier yet.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

13. Likes CleanIT, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Paired up with PRIMER, their pre-polish and under-coat for the GYEON coatings, it's super easy to use. CanCoat EVO is even easier yet.
    I would agree ONLY if you had the luxury to wait 24 hours after polishing with PRIMER (per Gyeon directions). Not many of us do.

Because in order to apply a coating, such as CanCoat EVO, immediately after PRIMER, you have to use a panel prep which is the same effort with any other polish on the market.

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree ONLY if you had the luxury to wait 24 hours after polishing with PRIMER (per Gyeon directions). Not many of us do.

Because in order to apply a coating, such as CanCoat EVO, immediately after PRIMER, you have to use a panel prep which is the same effort with any other polish on the market.
    PRIMER still offers an initial layer of SiO2 for the top layer of coating to bond to vs standard polishes which do not. The difference can be felt when removing the coating on surfaces prepped side by side. I always use a panel wipe also. Even if I apply ceramic the next day. More important then really given dust that will settle on the vehicle overnight. You don't however have to wait 24hrs. Use primer, buff off and then panel wipe once completed and then coat.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

16. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On my new minivan project I did Primer (after iron decon/ clay), a panel wipe with Prep, then Can Coat, followed up in the evening with Cure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast