autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Syncro 50ml Mohs vs 30ml - How much to use?

I'm relatively new to Gyeon coming over from Opticoat and have some questions....

I have 3 cars. First one has every Gyeon product on it. Mohs/Booster, Rim, Trim, View, Leather Shield, Preserve, Q2 Tire. All done in the last month or so. Very happy with them all. Rim was my first Gyeon product and pretty much sold me on the rest of the line.

Second one is getting Syncro kit for the paint. Questions- On my first car I used all of the 30ml Mohs bottle to do 2 layers and then all of the 30ml Booster to do 1 layer. So Syncro comes with a 50ml size Mohs. I plan to do 2 layers, but would have ~20ml Mohs left over? Should I be doing 3 layers of Mohs to use all 50ml? Will I be using all 30ml of Skin for 1 layer, similar to booster? And yes I was initially put off by the fast flash of booster, but can tell its there so am happy. I was unaware of Syncro when I bought Mohs and Booster.

Then there is car #3. Its a garage queen that only comes out in nice weather, so gloss is most important over longevity. Should I plan for Synco kit for it too? Or would Pure be ok?

They will get prepared with Sonax Perfect Finish and Gyeon Prep.

Oh and for any Opticoat folks here, Hyperseal plays very nice with Gyeon Rim. I want to try it on the Mohs/Booster but have brand new bottles of Cure to use.

Thanks for any advice!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Syncro 50ml Mohs vs 30ml - How much to use?

Quote Originally Posted by ptcary View Post
    Second one is getting Syncro kit for the paint. Questions- On my first car I used all of the 30ml Mohs bottle to do 2 layers and then all of the 30ml Booster to do 1 layer. So Syncro comes with a 50ml size Mohs. I plan to do 2 layers, but would have ~20ml Mohs left over? Should I be doing 3 layers of Mohs to use all 50ml? Will I be using all 30ml of Skin for 1 layer, similar to booster? And yes I was initially put off by the fast flash of booster, but can tell its there so am happy. I was unaware of Syncro when I bought Mohs and Booster.
    I'll answer as best as I can. You can check out my thread as I put a lot of information about syncro in it.

2015 Impala with Gyeon Syncro (MOHS + Skin)

The number of MOHS layers is based on how much work you choose to do. It is recommended to do at least two coats with a max of three. The amount remaining from each will be based on how large the vehicle is that is being coated.

[QUOTE=ptcary;1574672]Then there is car #3. Its a garage queen that only comes out in nice weather, so gloss is most important over longevity. Should I plan for Synco kit for it too? Or would Pure be ok?QUOTE]

Again this is personal preference. If you are happy with the way syncro goes on then use that. I would advise you to check out Jeff's write up on Pure over at detailed image to see if the application procedure is for you. Syncro is so easy a caveman can do it.

They will get prepared with Sonax Perfect Finish and Gyeon Prep.
    Next time consider adding Gyeon Primer Polish into the mix. Really nice and polish that adds that extra wow factor. Looks great with Syncro.

3. Thanks ptcary thanked for this post
    Likes Jeff at Gyeon, ptcary liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

On a gen 4 Subaru Liberty (Legacy) using 2 good coats of Mohs and 1 of Skin I have just over 1/3 of a 50ml bottle of Mohs left and just under 1/2 a 30ml bottle of Skin and I was probably a bit too generous with the skin so next time it would probably be a bit less than half I reckon.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Great info. I did not realize that the larger Mohs in the syncro kit was there to accomodate larger vehicles.

...if I pay attention to the 3-6 drops of Mohs per pass, I just might be able to do both cars! Will have to see how much I have left then decide.

I considered Gyeon Primer but the Sonax was recommended as better by Esoteric. Think I would be happy with either.

Post Thanks / Like

All good info here guys! I'd say the SKIN topcoat puts SYNCRO on the same gloss level as Pure. If we were talking MOHS by itself PURE would be a bit glossier. Install on PURE is definitely different based on the chemistry.

Yes you may have some left over MOHS depending on number of layers and size of vehicle. You can always use the left over MOHS elsewhere around the vehicle ie: wheels or trim.

7. Thanks ptcary thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz, ptcary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I considered Gyeon Primer but the Sonax was recommended as better by Esoteric. Think I would be happy with either.
    Sonax Perfect Finish is a nice polish. A little dusty but it is nice. I agree that Perfect Finish out cuts Gyeon Primer Polish. But Gyeon Primer Polish offers more gloss and will extend the life of the coatings. So it can be used as a primer and for light correction.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again.
    One more question. Since the Syncro kit will leave me with plenty left over Mohs. What is everyones opinion on a 3rd layer?

Post Thanks / Like

That is completely up to you. If you have the time then go for it. If not then skip it. It's already a time consuming process applying multiple coats.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ended up with 3 layers of Mohs and 1 layer of Skin. Talked to a guy who did the second layer of skin and he said he did not think it was beneficial. Saw a post by Jeff to save the leftover Skin for future top up down the road. Will leave the car in the garage this week to fully cure.

Really tempted to try the left over Skin on the other car that has Mohs and Booster on it, but not sure if they work together. Emailed Gyeon to ask their thoughts.

*Really trying my best to get past the curiosity of multiple coats, and just let the coating do its job, but since my cars are garage kept and washed weekly, gloss appearance gets a bit more priority than pure longevity, so I am always curious how additional layers might add to looks.

I plan to maintain with Bathe foam cannon and bucket washes, Ech2o mixed with Cure, and I carry a small bottle of a Bathe diluted with distilled water for very light spot wipes.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Back again, planning to do another Syncro kit, and want to try Gyeon compound, but want to ask if I can go from compound straight to primer, or is polish necessary in between, is this truly a 3 step process, or choose between primer and polish?

After ~7 months the other cars with Synco and Mohs/Booster are still fantastic. Syncro seems better to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast