autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Syncro 50ml Mohs vs 30ml - How much to use?

Quote Originally Posted by ptcary View Post
    Back again, planning to do another Syncro kit, and want to try Gyeon compound, but want to ask if I can go from compound straight to primer, or is polish necessary in between, is this truly a 3 step process, or choose between primer and polish?

After ~7 months the other cars with Synco and Mohs/Booster are still fantastic. Syncro seems better to me.
    No law will stop you from going from compound to primer as some compounds like Menz 400 can look LSP ready. If you want “all the gloss” a followup with a polish is probably required. Do a test spot with only a compound and then one with a compound and polish to see if you see a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

but want to ask if I can go from compound straight to primer
    This is fine. Primer is one notch below on the Gyeon cut scale compared to their polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Back again, planning to do another Syncro kit, and want to try Gyeon compound, but want to ask if I can go from compound straight to primer, or is polish necessary in between, is this truly a 3 step process, or choose between primer and polish?

After ~7 months the other cars with Synco and Mohs/Booster are still fantastic. Syncro seems better to me.
    That will heavily depend on the level of marring caused by Compound that we are asking Primer to remove.Compound is a great mid range polish that will finish down nicely on certain paints and not at all on others. The pad, machine, and technique will have a lot to do with this as well. Primer does have less "cut" than Polish by design, so I would try it. If you get to the desired finish with Compound and Primer then awesome, but there is no way to know unless you work the paint with a few different combinations.

4. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can go from their compound directly to their Primer. Obviously do a test spot. Like CarPro Essence, Primer does do light correction work (not as much as a straight polish but....) when paired with a good pad/polisher. I run it with the Rupes Mille and their Yellow Mille Pads.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Me again! Thanks for all the advice, you guys are great! So I finally got around to decon, autoscrub, compounding and polishing and am ready to do Syncro this weekend. Another question for you guys, if it rains outside the humidity will be high even though the temperature is supposed to be near 70.

How bad does humidity effect both Mohs and Skin? Should I just plan for reduced time and pretty much an immediate wipe off for each? Or should I just wait for better weather out since this is not my daily driver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12