autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon CanCoat vs Gyeon Trim

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new car, first one in 11 years so I know a lot has changed in that time and I want to start off with trying out a ceramic coating, I have been using Klasse on my old vehicle. I’ve basically purchased the entire lineup of Gyeon products and for the coatings, I will try out CanCoat with Cure for maintenance. If I like CanCoat then when it wears off I may try one of the real full blown coatings like Syncro. My question is it says that CanCoat can be used on trim also, but is it better than Trim? What are the differences? Is it worth also buying Trim when you already have a can of CanCoat?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon CanCoat vs Gyeon Trim

I hope The Guz (Mike) chimes in on this. He will have the answers you need, and with the greatest of detail.

And....... Welcome to AGO!
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Likes oneheadlite, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use both extensively. Can coat can be used on plastic trim but it won't change the color of it. Q2Trim will darken it up nicely AND protect it.

I used it on my wifes vehicle over 2yrs ago and it still going quite strong. No more need to use any products on the moldings. They look freshly dressed all the time.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes PaulMys, DMiglio, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Or TTQ. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes DMiglio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    Hello everyone,

I just purchased a new car, first one in 11 years so I know a lot has changed in that time and I want to start off with trying out a ceramic coating, I have been using Klasse on my old vehicle. I’ve basically purchased the entire lineup of Gyeon products and for the coatings, I will try out CanCoat with Cure for maintenance. If I like CanCoat then when it wears off I may try one of the real full blown coatings like Syncro. My question is it says that CanCoat can be used on trim also, but is it better than Trim? What are the differences? Is it worth also buying Trim when you already have a can of CanCoat?

Thank you!
    Q2 Trim looks better and performs better on trim than CanCoat. CanCoat is a great product though and you will be happy with it.

I wasn't sold on Syncro when I tried it out. Skin is great but degrades too fast. Budget and I had similar results with Skin failing around the 5-6 month time frame. After that you start to see Mohs which is not that impressive on it's own. By the way Budget and I are in different areas of the states. He sees a harsh winter and I get the So Cal weather. If I were to recommend a coating I would recommend a cquartz coating. Lived up to its claims and performance for me.

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on TTQ and Guz, sounds like Q2 Trim is pretty amazing and lasts a long time.

Have either of you used anything better, or is Trim the best in your experience?

Post Thanks / Like

...oops

12. Likes acuRAS82, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Based on TTQ and Guz, sounds like Q2 Trim is pretty amazing and lasts a long time.

Have either of you used anything better, or is Trim the best in your experience?
    Most trim coatings are about the same. They all have similar characteristics and performance. Off the top of my head I have tried CarPro DLUX, Gyeon Trim, Gtechniq C4, Adams Trim and I go right back to DLUX. DLUX is not only best bang for the buck as it can be used on plastics, trim and wheels. For me it also gives the better darkening of the ones I mentioned. Gtechniq is a close second in the darkening aspect. Gyeon Trim is more matte as is Adams Trim. Paint coatings work but they don't darken as much as a trim coating.

14. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Q2 Trim looks better and performs better on trim than CanCoat. CanCoat is a great product though and you will be happy with it.

I wasn't sold on Syncro when I tried it out. Skin is great but degrades too fast. Budget and I had similar results with Skin failing around the 5-6 month time frame. After that you start to see Mohs which is not that impressive on it's own. By the way Budget and I are in different areas of the states. He sees a harsh winter and I get the So Cal weather. If I were to recommend a coating I would recommend a cquartz coating. Lived up to its claims and performance for me.

Can coat is my go-to for entry level coatings. I charge a basic $99 for it as an upgrade for customers that normally look to a basic 1-Step. It's lasts longer and it's hydrophobic properties and dirt resistance are light years above a sealant or wax. Most everyone who I see goes with it over a standard product. Works fantastic, is easy to use and a single can will yield a number of vehicles so it's very profitable.

In terms of Syncro, as Guz notes, I think it's weather and climate dependent. My wife's car is wearing it and it's going super strong still after nearly just over 2yrs and nearly 32k miles. The only thing I top it with after washes is a basic detail spray such as ECH20 mixed up or lately I've been using Beadmaker as it's super slick and works great for short-term life. I think together they have helped protect the coating. I don't sell it as often as I do CarPro UK 3.0 and Gliss v2 combined but I take blame for that as I'd rather work with a 2 layer system vs 3 layer. Money per hour is the same for me it's just I get tired

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

Q2 is my go-to but that's just me. I've not used Dlux only because I've been quite pleased with Q2.

Here's the finished look on my wife's car. This is close to the date I did the initial application. The one posted above, earlier in the thread, is from just a few weeks ago. It's awesome stuff.

Slightly off-topic from Trim Coatings......

In terms of beading and how Cquartz with Gliss compares to Syncro, here you go
    Post Your Beading Shots!!!

Pay attention to the install dates and time that has gone by. I'm very happy with both.
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Here are a couple examples of Q2 Trim in Action:

This was a NEW vehicle brought to me for a full coating. Notice how it darkens up the trim and helps it continue to always look "just dressed" and super clean.

Here it is on an F150 cargo cover. Still looks great to this day even though it sees a fair amount of sun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast