autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

Anyone really getting 12 weeks of water beading with Cure? I get 3 weeks maximum. I'm very disappointed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM's R/T View Post
    Anyone really getting 12 weeks of water beading with Cure? I get 3 weeks maximum. I'm very disappointed.

Cure is a maintenance product, I wouldn’t expect it to last long. 12 weeks is over optimistic IMO.
    Have you considered topping your coating with CanCoat? That will probably give you about 1 year of protection with superior performance than any spray sealant.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes CM's R/T liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff at Gyeon View Post

1. Bathe+ introduces it through a wash soap. 15-20 ml in to about 4 gals of water will do it. Wash an area at a time and immediately rinse with good pressure. The only way to mess this one up is to wash the entire car at once and allow some of the soap to dry and dwell on the surface, as it will streak.

It is perfect for weekly or bi weekly washes in the driveway with little margin for error, outside of using too much or washing the whole car at once.
    Your statement is a complete contradiction of the directions on the label. If what you’re saying is true, then why is such a huge error allowed to make it all the way to the directions on the bottle?

This is outrageous considering this soap costs a whopping $148.00 dollars per gallon [$220.00 dollars per gallon if you buy a gallons worth of the small bottles]

All that money and we can’t even get a proofreader for the labels directions? Lol.

Btw I don’t get a kick out of pointing this out, and I don’t mean any disrespect.. It’s just that I happen to be 1 of those customers who once upon a time was actually excited to try my 1st Gyeon product and even followed the directions, only to be met with great disappointment.

Here’s my review of Gyeon Bathe+

Gyeon Bathe+ Initial thoughts/review
    Gyeon Bathe+ Initial thoughts/review

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Happy to chat through Bathe+. So I understand the issue completely, what exactly is the contradiction you're referring to?

6. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning,

Happy to chat through Bathe+. So I understand the issue completely, what exactly is the contradiction you're referring to?
    The directions on the bottle say to wash the entire car.

You say that the only way to mess it up would be to wash the entire car all at once.

Nowhere on the label does it say to wash 1 panel at a time. Also, the label states “wash & coat in 1 simple step” when in reality it requires 2 steps to get any sort of hydrophobic behavior out of this product on bare paint. I’ve never been able to achieve that in 1 step, nor have I seen a demonstration of it happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    The directions on the bottle say to wash the entire car.

You say that the only way to mess it up would be to wash the entire car all at once.

Nowhere on the label does it say to wash 1 panel at a time. Also, the label states “wash & coat in 1 simple step” when in reality it requires 2 steps to get any sort of hydrophobic behavior out of this product on bare paint. I’ve never been able to achieve that in 1 step, nor have I seen a demonstration of it happening.
    Your argument is completely founded, Ric.

I believe Jeff, but the instructions say otherwise. Wether they meant to or not, they imply to wash the entire car at once.

Could one read something different into them? Maybe. But instructions should be carefully stated so as not to create this kind of confusion.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM's R/T View Post

I don’t know what your bottle says but the two I have day two different things.

The small bottle is the most current bottle.

You also have to remember the key words are “up to”. So even if it lasts a week it technically met its claim. Most of these are lab claims and in real life cut that in half for a more realistic claim. Sometimes more than that depending on the environment.

11. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair point!!! Looking at it more intently now, I never noticed the discrepancy. The GYEON website says "work in sections" and the product video notes this as well. I will absolutely run the message up to the factory and see what we can do to get that fixed, as I totally understand that the most accessible information you have at time of use is the bottle you are holding in your hand. The whole point of a forum like this is to share personal experience with people interested in the products. So after years of using Bathe+ I wrote directly on my experience and what I have seen work the best. Very sorry if you saw the content after originally using the product.

As far as performance, Bathe+ is one of the most popular products in the GYEON line and used in over 83 countries. As mentioned in the article, it is the most diluted form of introducing this type of protection/top up to the surface so I would be expecting the "least" durability when comparing to WetCoat and Cure.

A lot like WetCoat, the actual beading action is seen as you are performing the immediate rinse of the panel and moving the product over the surface.

I'm happy to answer any questions!

13. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair point!!! Looking at it more intently now, I never noticed the discrepancy. The GYEON website says "work in sections" and the product video notes this as well. I will absolutely run the message up to the factory and see what we can do to get that fixed, as I totally understand that the most accessible information you have at time of use is the bottle you are holding in your hand.
    Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

From what I understand Skin is an exceptional top over Mohs. I have done 3 cars with synchro and love the process.
    I have a half bottle of skin left and wonder if I can use it as over last years application. I have only used bathe to clean the car.
    If the I can do this why can we not buy more Skin separately? I tire of buying synchro and doing my neighbor’s pedal cars to get more skin

Just waiting for my tesla red Y now that the factory has opened and looking forward to Doing another real car With Gyeon Synchro.
    Last edited by Oclipat; 05-17-2020 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Smiley failure

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast