autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Senior Member The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    6,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

    Quote Originally Posted by Oclipat View Post
    I Applied 3 coats of Mohs and the 1 coat of Skin. I was able to leave the car for several days between the Mohs and the Skin product so I did not use the Cure that was included in the set.

    In this maintenance program using the above products (bathe+ wetcoat, cure) are they to be used over the Skin product? Specifically should I use the spare Cure that came with the set as a Maintenance program?
    I absolutely love the way it looks now and did not want to lose the current beautiful look and performance.
    Secondly is cure a shorter term hydrophobic (that could be used on wheels for instance).
    Third, I have some Skin left over (quite a bit actually since I bought 2 50ml kits for my Tesla Model 3 so that I could get 3 full coats of Mohs) is that the better maintenance program? and can it just be applied over the current layer of Skin and what would tell me that it is not yet time to do the maintenance?
    The Gyeon is shockingly beautiful on the Tesla M3 Red !!!!!!!!
    Patrick
    You can use any of these products as maintenance every so often of skin. You will see the contact angle and self cleaning effect of Cure instead of the 120 degree contact angle and self cleaning effect of Skin. Cure is not as durable and will last a few weeks. It can be used on pretty much any surface including wheels. Cure is a good maintenance product for Syncro as it needs something a few months down the road.

    I will let Jeff answer you on adding another coat of Skin down the road. You would at least want to do a decon wash.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You can use any of these products as maintenance every so often of skin. You will see the contact angle and self cleaning effect of Cure instead of the 120 degree contact angle and self cleaning effect of Skin. Cure is not as durable and will last a few weeks. It can be used on pretty much any surface including wheels. Cure is a good maintenance product for Syncro as it needs something a few months down the road.

    I will let Jeff answer you on adding another coat of Skin down the road. You would at least want to do a decon wash.

    Thank you for the quick response will wait for the slick answer from Jeff on the Skin reapply.
    Patrick

  3. #13
    Senior Member UncleDavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Taunton, MA
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

    The WetCoat sounds like an interesting product. I know that you apply the product to a wet car but you eventually do have to dry it. How long do you have to wait to dry the car?

  4. #14
    Member Jeff at Gyeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

    Quote Originally Posted by Oclipat View Post
    I Applied 3 coats of Mohs and the 1 coat of Skin. I was able to leave the car for several days between the Mohs and the Skin product so I did not use the Cure that was included in the set.

    In this maintenance program using the above products (bathe+ wetcoat, cure) are they to be used over the Skin product? Specifically should I use the spare Cure that came with the set as a Maintenance program?
    I absolutely love the way it looks now and did not want to lose the current beautiful look and performance.
    Secondly is cure a shorter term hydrophobic (that could be used on wheels for instance).
    Third, I have some Skin left over (quite a bit actually since I bought 2 50ml kits for my Tesla Model 3 so that I could get 3 full coats of Mohs) is that the better maintenance program? and can it just be applied over the current layer of Skin and what would tell me that it is not yet time to do the maintenance?
    The Gyeon is shockingly beautiful on the Tesla M3 Red !!!!!!!!
    Patrick
    Great to head that SYNCRO is performing well!!

    Yes any over the above maintenance products can be used over SKIN. They should be used every few months to keep the coating rejecting dirt and contaminant as effectively as possible. In the meantime, just regular washes with BATHE will keep it healthy and clean. Totally personal preference on which of the above products to choose for you maintenance.

    Yes you can re apply SKIN over the original layer of SKIN as needed. I would be looking to do this say a year or so down the road, but it depends what the car is exposed to in the short term and how well it is maintained. Just perform a good decontamination wash with BATHE, IRON, and TAR. Then a wipe down with Prep and you can go on again with SKIN.

  5. Likes The Guz, SWETM, BSoares liked this post
  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    The WetCoat sounds like an interesting product. I know that you apply the product to a wet car but you eventually do have to dry it. How long do you have to wait to dry the car?
    You dry it right after you have flood rinsed it after application. It's bonding and cureing very fast.

  7. #16
    Senior Member UncleDavy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Taunton, MA
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

    Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    You dry it right after you have flood rinsed it after application. It's bonding and cureing very fast.
    Thanks Tony!

  8. Likes SWETM liked this post
  9. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

    Thank you Jeff that helps --- love the finish and washability of Skin. 3PO is garaged except when on exercise and washed regularly with Bathe. Air dry with Blower then lightly massaged with fresh scented microfiber towels and hooked to the wall for a late night snack.
    I should have such a good life .
    Patrick

  10. #18
    Senior Member The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    6,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

    Quote Originally Posted by Oclipat View Post

    Thank you for the quick response will wait for the slick answer from Jeff on the Skin reapply.
    Patrick
    One other option is adding mixing Cure with Ech2o. That also works well.

  11. Likes SWETM liked this post
  12. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

    I got a recommendation to apply Wet Coat on a little different way. When you apply it you only apply it as useally to one panel ĺt the time. The panel is wet and you spray 2 times to the higher part of the panel. Then you take either a mf sponge/ block applicator or a sponge and damp them with water so they are not dripping and soak anything up. Spread Wet Coat from the top and work your way down. Put aside the mf block applicator and rinse with a strong water pressure prefered a PW. Be thorough to rinse after to a larger area than you applied it on and follow it down if you applied it on the roof so no residue is left. And repeat on the next panel. On bigger panels 3-5 sprays and the smaller 2-3 sprays.

    What's the benefit with this application. You get a very even application and very usefull if you use Wet Coat as a stand alone LSP. And you don't use very much product. Less than 1/10 of a liter bottle. And IME you a little longer longevity from it too. The downside is the ease of application with one step more. But it's so easy to apply that the time is not so much longer.

    Test it out sometime and see how you like it. I got 2 months longevity with this application on a untreated paint. And it was during the winter months here in Sweden Then you get 10 applications from 1 liter bottle of Wet Coat

  13. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: GYEON Coating Maintenance: Bathe+ vs WetCoat vs Cure

    Is there any experience with using this product on non-clearcoated aircraft paint.?

    Mohs, wet,cure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Gyeon Wetcoat: maintaining and topping?
    By evo77 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-28-2018, 06:30 AM
  2. Video: The GYEON Paint Protection System using GYEON Q2M Cure
    By Mike Phillips in forum Product Reviews by Mike Phillips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2017, 11:31 AM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-30-2017, 10:18 PM
  4. GYEON Quartz Q2M WetCoat: Instant Water Beading in a Bottle
    By Jeff at Gyeon in forum New Car Care Products
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-13-2017, 03:57 PM
  5. Review And Comparison: Carpro Hydro2 and Gyeon WetCoat
    By Marc08EX in forum Product Reviews
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-02-2017, 02:59 PM

Members who have read this thread: 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» November 2019

S M T W T F S
2728293031 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30