autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smudge

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smudge

...Or are you Joaquin? Nevermind. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    ...Or are you Joaquin? Nevermind. Lol.
    Ahhhhh I see. Because I addressed him as Joaquin mistaking his quote as a signature. Good one.

3. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok. I didn't wash the micro fibers. I really don't think I overapplied but I guess it's possible . My plan is wash try the prep if that doesn't help. Polish it. My main concern is it setting in until I can get back to it. Thanks for all replys .

5. Likes Rrthomas78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The mf towels when they are not washed first often is not so absorbant. That with the combo of over applying leads to streaking. There is sio2 in gyeon cure as I understand it and could couse high spots. But there are so little of it in it so don't think it's high spots that would need to be polished off. But maybe the gyeon rep could recommend what to use to clean it up.
    One thing I know sio2 are sensetive to is high alkaline products. So if you have meguiars super degreaser d108 would take care of it. Do 1 panel at the time and spray it on diluted 1:4. Spray only on the clearcoat and work your way from top to bottom. Let it dwell for 45-60 seconds and rinse thoroughly it of with a PW or a strong water pressure from the hose. Or use another APC diluted with a ph level above 12. Do a little test spot to see if it works first to an area where the streaking is the worst. Do a wash directly after the APC treatment but it's not unsafe to use as long as you don't let it dry and rinsed of well.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck, I'd just wash the car first and see if it goes away. I ran into same kinda thing after doing a black car with Prime and then dropping some Cure on it. Gyeon Prep took care of it if immediate resolution is desired.

I could streak distilled water coming outta a spray bottle...its a special talent I have.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Heck, I'd just wash the car first and see if it goes away. I ran into same kinda thing after doing a black car with Prime and then dropping some Cure on it. Gyeon Prep took care of it if immediate resolution is desired.

I could streak distilled water coming outta a spray bottle...its a special talent I have.
    Sounds like me!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys. Worst case scenario, the streaks or high spots from Cure can be removed with a very fine polish like GYEON Primer, which will leave a layer of SiO2 behind and not overly affect the coating underneath. It really depends on how heavy the streaks are. I have seen a simple wipe down with hot water remove them if caught quickly. Prep may also work, or a good wash like mentioned above. Cure does contain SiO2 so streaks or high spots can be a pain. They are not permanent, but certainly not pleasant to look at on a dark blue truck. So a few ways to fix it:
    - soak a microfiber in hot water and wipe
    - wipe with Prep
    - use a fine polish to remove (this will definitely do it but the most labor intensive)
    - if it is an isolated area, which it doesn't sound like this is, you can take a bit of the coating installed underneath and work it in to the streaked area and try and get the solvent carrier of the coating to break up the streaks and help remove but I wouldn't try this method over a large area. But it is nice for a small missed spot in a corner or something similar.

Hope this helps! And sorry for the rough go of Cure!

10. Likes The Guz, SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Rest of the story. I washed area twice, tried the prep . Still there swirl remover, ultimate polish, Meguires scratch 2.0 finnaly started to make it disappear. But it started streaking like a smear. So I did the whole panel probably removed all the product. I then just put 2 coats of Brazilian Carnuba wax. Looks Great. I'm not trashing the product as it probably something I failed to do . I pretty sure I didn't over apply. Just giving the story a happy ending and hopefully helping someone else. I did create a side by side comparison test for the two products . We will see how they hold up. Thanks for all the helpful replies.

12. Likes SWETM, Dan Tran liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12