autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3" companion for a G15

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    But I don't think the GG3 has enough power to correct swirls. You can even use a 3" pad on the GG6 though a little tippy.
    I have since given up on my gg3 and use it on interiors with a bush attachment. I used 3in LC hydro tech pads and they were terrible. The pad and backing part would always come apart. So now I only use 4in pads and love them for versatility and have no trouble beating them up and they last (LC ccs pads)

I'm only a part timer ay this point and have not needed a smaller pad. But in the future I want a rupes mini for such cases unless the boss system creates a smaller one to compete.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NextLevelDtail View Post
    Be careful if you use a gg6 PC or HF da with a 3 inch pads. They don't oscillate too much like normal. And create excess heat. So always be careful feel the panel to see how to panel is accepting it.
    Funny I use my 3in pads now with 3in plate on my gg6 for headlight resto. It's terrible but for a quick shot it does as needed. Wouldn't personally attempt on paint.

Post Thanks / Like

From a professional standpoint, the gg3 is one of the worst machines I've ever used. Honestly I'd rather use an old cut up pad and polish small areas by hand. But since I have a Rupes Mini and a Flex with the 4" BP I let my machines do the work.
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post
    From a professional standpoint, the gg3 is one of the worst machines I've ever used. Honestly I'd rather use an old cut up pad and polish small areas by hand. But since I have a Rupes Mini and a Flex with the 4" BP I let my machines do the work.
    How do you like the rupes mini?

I want one so bad , however the 300 is a tough pill to swallow being that it's a machine that'd very vitale during a correction however your not going to use it as much. As the primary machine.

Is it worth it any flaws pros cons.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I want one so bad , however the 300 is a tough pill to swallow being that it's a machine that'd very vitale during a correction however your not going to use it as much. As the primary machine.

Thanks
    Get it, you won't regret it. Recently did a two step with the Mini.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    sema is right around the corner, wait if you can hold back the urge...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently have the Griot's G21, the Rupes 15 and the Rupes mini in my cabinet. I also have a cheap HF air DA that I rarely use because it don't work very well. I am planning on picking up the Flex Kompakt here soon to use for 1" and 2" pads while the Rupes will be used for 3" & 4" pads. I have the Griot's set up to use 6.5" pads and the Rupes 15 to use 5.5" pads.

I will say that you won't be disapointed if you pick up the Rupes Mini, it works flawlessly for smaller areas.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am eyeing up the FLEX PE8 kit with 1, 2, 3 inch backing plates and pads. However, being somewhat new to detailing and just being a weekend warrior, I'm not sure I have any business owning a rotary polisher.

The price of the Rupes Mini is so too much at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    The Rupes Mini is an amazing machine, as are all the Rupes products. However my #1 use for it now is actually sanding. For most small areas I prefer using my 3401 with 4" pads. I like the small throw for tight areas and the forced rotation is great for bumpers and fenders where you have lots of curves that cause any free spindle machine to stall. IMHO the Flex is a better investment because of its versatility. Though if you have a polisher addiction grab the Mini.

My collection... 2x Rupes 21, Rupes Mini, Flex 3401, Flex PE14-2, GG6, HF DA, Knockoff 21mm polisher, and GG3, tempted to get another 3401 lol, I have problems.
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12