autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: G15 or G21 on large SUV?

For the G8, I'm going to get both the 2 & 3" pads. With those small pads, do you guys prefer the the thicker pads or the thin BOSS ones? And why?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tt061880 View Post
    How much time do you save on average by using the G21 vs G15? I leaning toward the G15 since it already come with the 5 backing plate but I don't mind spend extra to get the G21 and swap out the backing plate if it save time. Also, after using either G15/21 with say GG correction cream or fast correction cream, do I need to follow up with anything or they can finish really well themselves? I've only used the the correction cream with the the BOSS orange pads with the G8 and they finish really well for a 1 step.
    If you're trying to get done sooner AND you have a smaller polisher, why would you get a 5" pad? I'd recommend the 6" pad so you can get done sooner and be ready to use that 3" pad for any curves or tighter areas.

Or go with a Flex forced rotation and you can run 5 or 6" without any slow down. I love my XCE 125 cordless beast (CBeast) and can't imagine switching to a 21 mm polisher. Then again, I have never used a 21 mm polisher so take mine with a grain of salt. But I have no desire or need to use anything else than the Flex forced rotation. I do have the Flex XFE 15 but rarely use it as the Flex CBeast or Pixie does everything I need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tt061880 View Post
    How much time do you save on average by using the G21 vs G15? I leaning toward the G15 since it already come with the 5 backing plate but I don't mind spend extra to get the G21 and swap out the backing plate if it save time. Also, after using either G15/21 with say GG correction cream or fast correction cream, do I need to follow up with anything or they can finish really well themselves? I've only used the the correction cream with the the BOSS orange pads with the G8 and they finish really well for a 1 step.
    Really all depends on vehicle; when I did a lot of cargo vans the G21 swinging the 6" plate was a nice time savings. Not in the order of "It took half the time" but maybe a 15% savings. Tried a 5" plate on the 21 and didn't much like it or see the advantage; would just use the LHR15 if i needed the 5" pad.

Used a Flex 3401 w 6" plate on those vehicles for a while, can jamb that thing anywhere and still be effective so that was nice but a rough ride, no fun.

If you're looking to cut time, applying polish to panel, series of pea sized drops in a nice pattern, saves a ton of time. Polish moving area to area, wipe off a panel at a time. Lotsa wasted time lifting polisher, grabbing bottle, apply to pad, back to panel. Takes a bit to figure out how to pick up the polish from panel without making a mess but once ya get it down, smooth, quick sailing.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn’t look at it from the saving time area for personal vehicles. I only want the bigger pad as I do customer cars and on trucks and things like that I can one step quicker with the 6”. The 5” will be perfect for you and you can fix swirls and such better with a 5” over a 6”, if you’re really trying to speed just get a rotary lol.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    If you're looking to cut time, applying polish to panel, series of pea sized drops in a nice pattern, saves a ton of time. Polish moving area to area, wipe off a panel at a time. Lotsa wasted time lifting polisher, grabbing bottle, apply to pad, back to panel. Takes a bit to figure out how to pick up the polish from panel without making a mess but once ya get it down, smooth, quick sailing.

This is such a great advice, very efficient. Okay guys, it's decided, I will order the FLEX XCE 10-8 125 Corded. It won't stall along the curve and also speedy. I won't have to switch back and forth between the G9 & the G21/15, the G8 will cover the small spots. The G9 can be retired. Thank you everyone for you inputs.

Post Thanks / Like

Really all depends on vehicle; when I did a lot of cargo vans the G21 swinging the 6" plate was a nice time savings. Not in the order of "It took half the time" but maybe a 15% savings. Tried a 5" plate on the 21 and didn't much like it or see the advantage; would just use the LHR15 if i needed the 5" pad.

Used a Flex 3401 w 6" plate on those vehicles for a while, can jamb that thing anywhere and still be effective so that was nice but a rough ride, no fun.

Know of any videos ahowing this procedure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Know of any videos ahowing this procedure?

Your PM box is full.

Post Thanks / Like

Your PM box is full.
    Cleared. Question for all…. How many message before your box is full. I can have like 6 and that’s it.

This is through TapaTalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cleared. Question for all…. How many message before your box is full. I can have like 6 and that’s it.

This is through TapaTalk

Maybe it's size of messages/mailbox? I have 26 Inbox, 62 Sent, none with pics and it seems OK.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Some forums require a minumum number of posts before PMs are turned on. Not sure of AGO requirements.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast