autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G9 gets hot

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G9 gets hot

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    Finally emailed to see if it should be getting so hot after trying holding a few ways. Their answer, don’t use it if it gets hot. Customer service my #$$.
    What do you really expect?

Always ask for what you want the result to be. Don't assume someone is going to read your mind and figure out what you want.

If you feel you have a defective machine demand that they replace it under warranty.

But I really do not know what your expectations were when emailing. Did you think they could tell you something that would make the machine not run so hot?

Post Thanks / Like

My G9 melted a yellow foam B&S 5" backing plate today and it almost blew apart
    I caught it before the pad microfiber pad came off, but it was a waste of $20 for the backing plate as I've only used it one other time to do one glass window that had a scuff in it. This was after only one panel today (PS front fender), I wasn't impressed... I couldn't even touch the backing plate center to get the fiber washer off to put my other backing plate back on! I really don't think its normal for it to get this hot after one panel?! Think I should ask Griots about it?
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

I think the key words from your post were “Yellow foam B&S Backing Plate”. When Griot’s did their newest generation of machines, the backing plate is designed into the cooling system for how it works. By switching to a non-vented plate, there’s no where for all that heat to go - I’d get the (Griot’s) 5” plate designed for it and try it again.

I’ve got an early build G9 and haven’t run into any heat issues. I use the black vented 5” Griot’s plate and the 6” plate it came with in combination with all their different pads (thick/thin/microfiber).

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, mines an early build too. With the 6" plate it came with it gets very hot too. When I first used it I melted a pad center quite fast, but that was from over working and overloading it with product so didn't think much of it. I constantly still have to pull the pad up to feel the center when using it though, so I don't do this again even using the Griots 6" plate it came with...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.