autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BOSS Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Re: BOSS Pads

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Can anyone tell me what kind of microfiber pad that was included in the first BOSS kits? The fibers are black with a red strip around the pad.
    the BOSS microfiber pads have been upgraded to white microfiber (previously black) with the red foam interface. on the sister site they have the black microfiber shown/listed while on AG they show the white. i would call (ACC) ahead and make sure and see which one they have in-stock so you don't get the wrong one pictured and the right one you want. they both (ACC/AG) could have the same (newer) stock but just didn't update the pic on the ACC site...

Griots Garage BOSS 5.5 Inch Micro Fiber Pad - Autopia Car Care

Griots Garage BOSS 5.5 inch Microfiber Pads - 2 Pack - Autogeek

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    the BOSS microfiber pads have been upgraded to white microfiber (previously black) with the red foam interface. on the sister site they have the black microfiber shown/listed while on AG they show the white. i would call (ACC) ahead and make sure and see which one they have in-stock so you don't get the wrong one pictured and the right one you want. they both (ACC/AG) could have the same (newer) stock but just didn't update the pic on the ACC site...

Griots Garage BOSS 5.5 Inch Micro Fiber Pad - Autopia Car Care

Griots Garage BOSS 5.5 inch Microfiber Pads - 2 Pack - Autogeek
    Thanks, so it is a cutting/compounding pad, i thought so. I'm not in the market for any pads just wanted to make sure it wasn't a microfiber polishing pad if i decided to use it on my car this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, so it is a cutting/compounding pad, i thought so. I'm not in the market for any pads just wanted to make sure it wasn't a microfiber polishing pad if i decided to use it on my car this year.
    they also have a microfiber finishing pad (was previously black microfiber but now white as well) that isn't part of the thinner BOSS line of pads that have a thicker red foam interface which isn't as aggressive...

6.5" Microfiber FAST Finishing Pad - Griot's Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone tell me what kind of microfiber pad that was included in the first BOSS kits? The fibers are black with a red strip around the pad.

Its relatively high pile thats why i'm wondering how aggressive it really is - megs cutting discs for example are very thin with low pile compared to the BOSS ones i have. I have used it on a junk panel but not much.
    Those were the finishing micro fibers I believe. I have the cutting MF boss pads and they have zero foam just microfiber on a piece of fabric attached to velcro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The Griots Fast Finishing MF pads red foam interface has been changed. The new ones are stiffer and have a centering hole. good changes.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Those were the finishing micro fibers I believe. I have the cutting MF boss pads and they have zero foam just microfiber on a piece of fabric attached to velcro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I never got any pads like that with my kit. If i do use it, i will keep it in mind. I'm thinking now it might be a finishing pad. Interesting for a one step actually with a light polish...get little more cut out of light polishes.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12