autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

G9 Trigger Lock Inquiry / How To

Hi,

Was hoping to use my G9 for the first time today. I am not sure if I have a trigger lock issue. I got it to work continuously once but cannot seem to get it to stick. I hold down the trigger to get it going and then press the trigger lock but it does not seem to stick etc.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G9 Trigger Lock Inquiry / How To

It only locks in place if the trigger is pressed all the way, if you're not all the way then it won't lock. Maybe that's the issue?
    Bruno Soares

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just tried that now. Squeezed all the way, pressed the lock button, I feel the click but it does not seem to catch. It did work properly once though.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yooooooooooooooooooooooo
    I think I got it now. Hold the trigger, press the lock, HOLD the lock, then let go of the trigger for it to run continuously.
    I was pressing the lock and letting go, thinking pressing it would simply engage it.
    And now, looking forward to my first ever detail. Thanks for the reply BSoares.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaFunkyFish View Post
    Yooooooooooooooooooooooo
    I think I got it now. Hold the trigger, press the lock, HOLD the lock, then let go of the trigger for it to run continuously.
    I was pressing the lock and letting go, thinking pressing it would simply engage it.
    The best thing I've found for the trigger lock is to not actually think about it - I ran into hiccups with mine at first too, then I just stopped thinking about it and got it every time.

Do not think, just do.

6. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaFunkyFish View Post
    Yooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Right, you gotta be holding the lock when you release the trigger, then you can release the lock. I remember in the beginning being a little off on that timing and often I'd let go and the polisher would stop, after a session with the machine you'll be doing that w/o thinking about it.
    Bruno Soares

8. Likes oneheadlite, PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My trigger broke within 3 hours of use. I was pretty annoyed!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Right, you gotta be holding the lock when you release the trigger, then you can release the lock. I remember in the beginning being a little off on that timing and often I'd let go and the polisher would stop, after a session with the machine you'll be doing that w/o thinking about it.
    I cleaned, decon'd, clay bar'd, and dried my 2007 Kia Sportage yesterday. I opened my door to get my mask so I can get lunch and then try my first ever run with the G9 and but my door handle popped out haha.
    Mechanic us up the block so he told me to bring it in today. I did it over with Griot's Best of Show Spray Wax so the decon would not go to waste. It did come out nice though I am looking forward to using the machine at some point. I will probably get it done in October as last chance before winter.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finessemobiledetail View Post
    My trigger broke within 3 hours of use. I was pretty annoyed!
    That is the one thing I keep seeing about the G9. The warranty is great but like, this is my first machine so I do not have a backup in case it dies or me or something. Perhaps I should get the smaller one sooner rather than later so I can not have to do the small parts by hand and have a backup if needed.