autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage G15/G21 Long-Throw Orbital Polisher *Ground-Up Redesign*

Quote Originally Posted by Epilogts View Post
    *** Available 7/10/20 ***
    Dear Griot's:

PLEASE expedite the release of the new BOSS long-throws so we don't have to wait any longer and sigh...........

SMH.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Likes Mike@ShineStruck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a new G21 on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage G15/G21 Long-Throw Orbital Polisher *Ground-Up Redesign*

I got a chance to try my new G21. Man, this thing is powerful!!! Really don’t see any need to use over speed 3, for the most part. Speed 2 is even useable. Build quality is legit. It’s not as smooth and vibration free as the Rupes. I really think the Griots long throws are tuned for THEIR pads. I don’t have any Griots 6.5” pads, but I do have a thinner pad like Griots(Rupes Mille 6.5”) and it was smoother than some thicker pads I tried. The G21 is priced right. I like it!

'03 Corvette Z06

5. Thanks oneheadlite, dwaleke, Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, dwaleke, PaulMys, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like the G21 is available now directly from GG, while the G15 shortly in a few days on 7/10/20 - hopefully, AG will have them in-stock soon as well!

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the lifetime warranty GG is all-in on this and it makes sense for their business model. They design in-house so designers use warranty returns to dial in their existing and future product improvements. If a specific component is breaking down (as opposed to wearing out) the designer is at a huge advantage over the competition who never gets to see that rung-out 4-year-old machine that quit. Theirs gets thrown in the scrap heap and they never get to investigate the root cause and improve future product whereas GG gets to see most of their broken units. The value of getting those broken units back is significant if you're in this for the long run. Suppose a machined casting or forging is breaking down in a certain way. It is easy to make engineering changes under the covers to a component where they can slipstream the improvement into their existing released product without anyone knowing or caring. They can work with their suppliers and vendors to implement the improvement and the product gets incrementally better in the process. It just means fewer warranty claims moving forward for GG and everyone is happy.

Secondly, they follow the Customers for Life business model that AG does. They go out of their way to delight their customers vis-a-vis the competition and it makes their customers' decisions much easier. For me, as a hobbyist, I lean towards AG and GG because of this. I know when a vendor will be there to "make it right" when necessary the buying process is much simpler. It eliminates any chance of buyer's remorse from getting burned by a less than scrupulous vendor.

9. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I hadn’t ordered one it would almost be funny...
    AVAILABLE 7/17/20

Post Thanks / Like

^ to add...

firstly, Griot's Garage are a bunch of car guys and gals. they own a bunch of classic cars (and then some) and turn wrenches on them among other things like restoration projects and so forth. they didn't just slap their name on any given polisher (ex. BOSS polishers) and call it their own. they chose/selected each component/part piece by piece. there's a difference. while it's made in Asia (just like Apple products to their specs and quality) they are designed (drawn from scratch), tested, and engineered here in the USA, which include the liquids (they have their own in-house chemists) pads, and other accessories to go with it. for those who don't know, a handful (if not more) of their employees use to work at Meguiar's which brought you break through products like the DAMF system (helped change the way we do paint correction today) and the list goes on. like Mike Phillips, tons of detail wealth, knowledge, and experience among them all..

Griot's Garage has a very talented staff and very humble too, and each day brings more innovation and products (they work very hard every day and don't stop much like the energizer bunny). i have a large amount of respect for their business model and how they conduct themselves (much like AG) which can't be said about some companies in the industry. i've been a loyal customer for well over a decade and will continue to be because they the customers back and will not give the run around if a problem were to arise. they don't take issues/problems lightly and will do whatever it takes to remedy and improve the situation in all aspects. Griot's Garage aren't going anywhere anytime soon and will be around for a long time. also, their products just flat out work.

with all that's going on in the world these days, be careful on how you spend your hard earned dollars. so many companies are quick to take your money (like the IRS) but don't respond or make excuses (we didn't get your e-mail or message) when you need help/assistance with their product(s) and just keep avoiding you. i have no tolerance or patience for this type of behavior and companies like this shouldn't be in business. don't put your heard earned money into pockets of ungrateful people and/or companies...

12. Likes Bruno Soares, PaulMys, Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I got a chance to try my new G21. Man, this thing is powerful!!! Really don’t see any need to use over speed 3, for the most part. Speed 2 is even useable. Build quality is legit. It’s not as smooth and vibration free as the Rupes. I really think the Griots long throws are tuned for THEIR pads. I don’t have any Griots 6.5” pads, but I do have a thinner pad like Griots(Rupes Mille 6.5”) and it was smoother than some thicker pads I tried. The G21 is priced right. I like it!

Try it again with a 5in plate and various weight pads
    .bet you'll get it smoother than any 6in plate combo
    With that saidz I may buy one to compare against my old G21 and my other brand I import
    Really hoping the 25mm eccentric swaps in....but won't hold my breath lol

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    Try it again with a 5in plate and various weight pads
    .bet you'll get it smoother than any 6in plate combo
    With that saidz I may buy one to compare against my old G21 and my other brand I import
    Really hoping the 25mm eccentric swaps in....but won't hold my breath lol
    If you do compare please post

Post Thanks / Like

Bruno Soares

17. Likes PaulMys, KBsToy, Loach, sledman8002002 liked this post
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast