autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage G15/G21 Long-Throw Orbital Polisher *Ground-Up Redesign*

This ground-up redesign takes the best of THE BOSS™ long-throw orbitals and incorporates many of the technical innovations of the G9. The project continues the collaboration with our new manufacturing partner with all components being exclusively designed to our specifications.

For G21, we've taken the shape of the G9 and extended the body housing by 20% to accommodate a 'big block' 1,100-watt motor. This represents a 22% increase in power versus the previous tool. In the G21, the motor delivers a speed range of 3,000 to 4,500 orbits per minute.

Among the more innovative features of this tool is its cooling strategy. Due to its long-throw articulation, the G21 could not integrate fan cooling in its counterbalance like the G9. So we engineered the G21 with its cooling fan integrated into the backing plate. This new backing plate technology was developed exclusively for these machines and is undeniably best in class.

Balancing the combined weight of a backing plate, buffing pad, and the liquid on the pad translates into less vibration and a smoother running machine. For instance, microfiber pads generally weigh nearly twice as much as a foam pad so fine tuning is beneficial. Our innovative Weight Optimization System consists of three uniquely engineered fasteners, each weight-matched to a Griot's Garage pad type to ensure you'll enjoy best in class performance from these machines.

It should be noted that long-throw polishers are not ideally suited for application of waxes and sealants. Their large throw tends to cure the wax unevenly with the exception of our BOSS™ Finishing Sealant whose formula is designed to comply with the heat cycling of long-throw orbits. The G8 or G9 are our most suitable tools for wax application. Also, the G21, when converted to a 5" backing plate and fitted with a BOSS Microfiber Fast Cutting Pad is our most aggressive paint correcting combination.

*Powerful 1100-watt, 10-amp motor
    *21mm orbit throw
    *Precision CNC-machined steel counter-balance
    *Premium bearing construction
    *Fitted with BOSS 6" Fanned Orbital Backing Plate
    *3000 - 4500 orbits per minute
    *10-foot quick-connect 16 AWG SJO rubber power cord
    *6 speed settings
    *Speed dial accessible for right- and left-hand users
    *Constant speed control
    *Fully variable speed trigger throttle with trigger lock
    *Double-shot rubber platypus head-grip, and strategically placed all over tool
    *Shroud grip contoured to accommodate four fingers
    *Rest pads for tool to lay stable on its back
    *Quick access brush side ports
    *Includes 5mm hex key wrench, and replacement high-carbon brushes
    *Convertible to a 5" pad system with optional BOSS 5" Fanned Orbital Backing Plate

PRICE: $249.99 - AVAILABLE 5/20/20

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

This ground-up redesign takes the best of THE BOSS™ long-throw orbitals and incorporates many of the technical innovations of the G9. The project continues the collaboration with our new manufacturing partner with all components being exclusively designed to our specifications.

For the G15, we've taken the shape of the G9 and extended the body housing by 20% to accommodate a 'big block' 1,100-watt motor. This represents a 22% increase in power versus the previous tool. In the G15, the motor delivers a speed range of 3,000 to 5,300 orbits per minute.

Among the more innovative features of this tool is its cooling strategy. Due to its long-throw articulation, the G15 could not integrate fan cooling in its counterbalance like the G9. So we engineered the G15 with its cooling fan integrated into the backing plate. This new backing plate technology was developed exclusively for these machines and is undeniably best in class.

Balancing the combined weight of a backing plate, buffing pad, and the liquid on the pad translates into less vibration and a smoother running machine. For instance, microfiber pads generally weigh nearly twice as much as a foam pad so fine tuning is beneficial. Our innovative Weight Optimization System consists of three uniquely engineered fasteners, each weight-matched to a Griot's Garage pad type to ensure you'll enjoy best in class performance from these machines.

It should be noted that long-throw polishers are not ideally suited for application of waxes and sealants. Their large throw tends to cure the wax unevenly with the exception of our BOSS™ Finishing Sealant whose formula is designed to comply with the heat cycling of long-throw orbits. The G8 or G9 are our most suitable tools for wax application.

*Powerful 1100-watt, 10-amp motor
    *15mm orbit throw
    *Premium bearing construction
    *Fitted with BOSS 5" Fanned Orbital Backing Plate
    *3000 - 5300 orbits per minute
    *10-foot quick-connect 16 AWG SJO rubber power cord
    *6 speed settings
    *Speed dial accessible for right- and left-hand users
    *Constant speed control
    *Fully variable speed trigger throttle with trigger lock
    *Double-shot rubber platypus head-grip, and strategically placed all over tool
    *Shroud grip contoured to accommodate four fingers
    *Rest pads for tool to lay stable on its back
    *Quick access brush side ports
    *Includes 5mm hex key wrench, and replacement high-carbon brushes
    *Convertible to a 6" pad system with optional BOSS 6" Fanned Orbital Backing Plate

PRICE: $239.99 - AVAILABLE 5/20/20

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

WE GUARANTEE IT
    Griot's Garage was built on high expectations, which is why everything we sell is covered by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and Lifetime Guarantee against defect. We strive for perfection in everything we do so you always... Have fun in your garage!®

2. Likes The Guz, Thomkirby, PaulMys, custmsprty, Loach liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Griot's Garage G15/G21 Long-Throw Orbital Polisher *Ground-Up Redesign*

Great news!

Richard and his Team are KILLING it this year!

You could even say they're killing it like a BOSS!

4. Likes VISITOR, Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

What is the advantage of getting the g15 over the g9? Does the longer stroke make that much of a difference? I’m thinking of getting a new polisher am looking at the g9 and g15.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

$250 for these is crazy good price. For those that make money detailing cars, a single correction job is going to pay for each of these so no problem upgrading. For us home users, not sure it's worth it, unless they have the trade in program too and the difference is not huge. My G15 is still in fantastic shape.
    Bruno Soares

7. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    What is the advantage of getting the g15 over the g9? Does the longer stroke make that much of a difference? I’m thinking of getting a new polisher am looking at the g9 and g15.
    Might just be preference. One member put aside his BOSS G15 and is now using his G9 almost exclusively.

I have a G15, but prefer the 8mm throw Flex 3401, but in that case, it's because of the forced rotation. I'd likely choose the BOSS G15 over the Griot's 6" with 8mm throw.

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    $250 for these is crazy good price. ..My G15 is still in fantastic shape.
    Agree and same here. My G15 doesn't get much use so it's still in like-new condition.

9. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waterman View Post
    Hello,

Thanks
    Polishes quicker and more efficiently. Cover more ground faster. G9 more dummy proof and can apply waxes or sealants. Most pros will have combo of both. You’ll definitely need a mini of some sort if you go with a long throw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I like the adjustable weight with different pads but had no big issues going from MF to foam and having their be a huge difference. Would like to feel the smoothness overall difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I WANT the new G15, just not sure I really NEED the new G15.
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

13. Likes PaulMys, Thomkirby, Loach, Diner, Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m with you. I have a 15 and 21.... Hell, if my wife has $1200 shoes I’m getting a new Boss!!!!!

15. Likes John U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How did the price of the 15mm go from $ 365 (BOSS G15) to $ 240 (new G15) for a machine that is advertised as better/improved? Sorry if I sound skeptical, but "better" and "much less expensive" are rarely used in the same sentence. P.S. Is Griot's still building their polishers in China?

ScottH

17. Likes ollever liked this post
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast