autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: And then... There was a G8 (Polisher)

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I see where you’re coming from, but if the G8 is as balanced as the G9, I don’t see how you could tack on 1-2 lbs of battery to the handle and not throw the ergonomics way off.

How about a camelback style power pack with a cord that comes over your shoulder?

Hmm. Wonder if you could do this already? How small of an inverter type battery pack do they make? Nice thing would be how easy it’d be to switch between polishers with the quick connect cord...
    Yeah I didn't factor in the balance thing, I've seen portable power stations that could be strapped to your back. But, the smaller ones wouldn't give you much juice, well not much for something like running a 700w buffer. The bigger ones that would work, you could technically strap them to your back. But it would crush you unless you were a tough man contender or something.

I'm a mobile detailer, I should look into the portable battery units to see what kind of run time I could get. The G8 & G9 both look excellent. I know Mike on here reviewed the EGO Powerplus Power Station recently, not cheap but would be sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    This is probably just me being hopeful, but with the modular cord design maybe Griot's will put out battery packs for the G8 & G9. I'm sure I'm oversimplifying it, but it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult.
    Not happening. Those machines expect 120V from that port and you won’t get a battery that outputs that. There would have to be a transformer inside the machine.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I love the trigger. I think all machines should have a trigger instead of on/off switch. For that price, I might but one just because....

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!
    I think for anyone short of a hardcore pro detailer, the G-9 and G8 will deliver a great 1-2 punch in anyone's arsenal.

Although still decent machines, it looks like the PC7424XP, GG6, and GG3 are now prehistoric DoDo Birds.
    Yep, I'd like getting me that pretty little G8 one day.

5. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ironically I was just using my 3“ today. Lost my balance, Pad came of the panel at speed and backing plate separated. Just emailed them bout trading it in for a G8. G3 was bought in September and used for about an hour. Anyone have any idea what they’re offer for a trade?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post

Although still decent machines, it looks like the PC7424XP, GG6, and GG3 are now prehistoric DoDo Birds.
    i wouldn't give up my GG6, it's still relevant and a workhorse. the small compact size and use of different size backing plates/pads makes it more versatile than most polishers out. it's like a swiss army knife with all the different tools within it to get the job done. the PC i can do without (i have a G100 aka PC7424), it isn't ergonomically friendly and a rattle trap...

8. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i wouldn't give up my GG6, it's still relevant and a workhorse. the small compact size and use of different size backing plates/pads makes it more versatile than most polishers out. it's like a swiss army knife with all the different tools within it to get the job done. the PC i can do without (i have a G100 aka PC7424), it isn't ergonomically friendly and a rattle trap...
    Agreed on the GG6. I'd never get rid of mine. I might consider adding a G9, but not trading in the GG6 for it.

As for the PC, I have to disagree with you Allen. I think it works just fine, and excels at being a 3" swirl killer in tight areas.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

10. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Agreed on the GG6. I'd never get rid of mine. I might consider adding a G9, but not trading in the GG6 for it.

As for the PC, I have to disagree with you Allen. I think it works just fine, and excels at being a 3" swirl killer in tight areas.
    Get a G9 and G8 and your set for life. Or until the next new invention shows up. LOL!

12. Likes PaulMys, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like that they put the progressive trigger on this. I will likely buy one to replace my 7424XP which I use with a 3” BP. This should work nicely with my Boss G15.
    Bruno Soares

14. Likes VISITOR, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was at the Griot's open house in Indianapolis a couple of weeks ago and they were selling the
    gg3 for about $60. I thought something was up.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

16. Likes Racerbob66 liked this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast