autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Add G9 from PC 7335?

I have owned my PC 7335 for many years now and I am considered a weekend warrior where I do my own vehicles and an occasional friend.
    Would it be a good move to add or step up to the G9? Will it improve my work and shorten the work time? The price looks very attractive.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Add G9 from PC 7335?

I would say yes altho I haven’t used a G9 yet. The PC is under powered IMO and this new machine looks like a terrific bang for the buck. Read Mike Phillips review on the machine. His review is impressive.
    Jim

3. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I would say yes altho I haven’t used a G9 yet. The PC is under powered IMO and this new machine looks like a terrific bang for the buck. Read Mike Phillips review on the machine. His review is impressive.
    Plus you will never have to buy another polisher for the rest of your life.

5. Likes Aaryn NZ, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you really want to cut down on the time. I would look at a 21mm longthrow polisher. If you think that your budget allows it. And if you like the 8mm/9mm free spinning DA polishers but want a more effective such a polisher. Then the GG9 seems to be rising to the top of what you would get. You can save your XP 7335 for a 3" polisher and also if you apply LSP with a polisher. 21mm longthrow polisher with a 5" backing plate can be monsters to do a fast work. The less passes per sections and a faster armspeed and still gets you great results from it. These polishers can be very effective. If you want to just speed up and mow on the direct driven DA polisher as VRG3401 is a great choice or wait until or pre-order the new version Flex XCE 8-125. It's so much of a personal preference too on what kind of polisher that suits you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you really want to cut down on the time. I would look at a 21mm longthrow polisher. If you think that your budget allows it. And if you like the 8mm/9mm free spinning DA polishers but want a more effective such a polisher. Then the GG9 seems to be rising to the top of what you would get. You can save your XP 7335 for a 3" polisher and also if you apply LSP with a polisher. 21mm longthrow polisher with a 5" backing plate can be monsters to do a fast work. The less passes per sections and a faster armspeed and still gets you great results from it. These polishers can be very effective. If you want to just speed up and mow on the direct driven DA polisher as VRG3401 is a great choice or wait until or pre-order the new version Flex XCE 8-125. It's so much of a personal preference too on what kind of polisher that suits you.
    Time is not a priority but if there is a machine that is an improvement over my PC at a great price then I will be a buyer. I am not going to change for the sake of change as I am a retired person and tend to spend my money wisely, otherwise I would have bought a Rupes or a Flex.

8. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say definitely. Especially since you say you're just a weekend warrior.

The G9 looks like the best bang for the buck so far in detailing tool history.

As for long throw and within the Griots line-up, there's only two, the Boss 15 and Boss 21. Either will cost you over double of what the G9 costs. Go into another brand (Rupes-Flex) and you'll spend even more.

I've used the Boss 15 as I have one, not sure how much time I might be saving with it as some say, but I'd assume a machine such as the G9 which as Mike Phillips says has plenty of power, such a machine should also save some time because you won't be struggling with pad stall as much if at all.

As mentioned, get yourself a smaller backing plate for the PC. It will work better with the smaller plates, Lake Country (2) or Griots (1) makes them.

Post Thanks / Like

i would keep the PC and delegate it to a smaller pad set-up and perhaps even a spare (you never know). then use a G9/G15/G21 as your main polisher...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    Time is not a priority but if there is a machine that is an improvement over my PC at a great price then I will be a buyer. I am not going to change for the sake of change as I am a retired person and tend to spend my money wisely, otherwise I would have bought a Rupes or a Flex.
    Then the GG9 seems to be a great option to go with. As it's so new it's always hard to see if it gets any problems with it. With the lifetime warranty the GG polishers is unique and that's worth a lot. Like how the ergonomics looking to be great on it. Combo that with the more powerfull electric motor than the GG6. And also at the same or not so much more price. It's a great buy I think. Then it's hard to say if the features the GG9 is worth it to you over the XP polisher you have already. The market of polishers has getting larger the later years. So there are some polisher in every range of them that you get much for your bucks. This is hard to explain more and not breaking any forum rules here.

Is it any feature that you feel your XP polisher don't have or anything in the performance you would want more out of. As in for an example a better ergonomics or less prone to stall. These 2 things is much better on the GG9 I think from just the look of it and Mike Phillips words about the power from it. Also that it has the power from it to be effective with the 6" backing plate and pads. Depending on the bodylines and modells of the vehicals you useally are polishing this could be something that's worth the upgrade to it. With the upgrades on the GG9 it's maybe more worth it for you to go with it now. Than the very simualar GG6 was with a extra power from it vs your XP polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Then the GG9 seems to be a great option to go with. As it's so new it's always hard to see if it gets any problems with it. With the lifetime warranty the GG polishers is unique and that's worth a lot. Like how the ergonomics looking to be great on it. Combo that with the more powerfull electric motor than the GG6. And also at the same or not so much more price. It's a great buy I think. Then it's hard to say if the features the GG9 is worth it to you over the XP polisher you have already. The market of polishers has getting larger the later years. So there are some polisher in every range of them that you get much for your bucks. This is hard to explain more and not breaking any forum rules here.

Is it any feature that you feel your XP polisher don't have or anything in the performance you would want more out of. As in for an example a better ergonomics or less prone to stall. These 2 things is much better on the GG9 I think from just the look of it and Mike Phillips words about the power from it. Also that it has the power from it to be effective with the 6" backing plate and pads. Depending on the bodylines and modells of the vehicals you useally are polishing this could be something that's worth the upgrade to it. With the upgrades on the GG9 it's maybe more worth it for you to go with it now. Than the very simualar GG6 was with a extra power from it vs your XP polisher.
    I wonder if there is a difference between my 7335 and the XP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    I wonder if there is a difference between my 7335 and the XP.
    No, they both lack power for polishing, but great for sanding though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast