autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Add G9 from PC 7335?

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    I wonder if there is a difference between my 7335 and the XP.
    usually it's just the accessories that come with the polisher than designates the number...

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you watch some Youtube videos, you'll find a few popular Chinese brands where you can get a 15 or 21mm polisher for the same price, or cheaper than the GG9. I can't comment on quality between them as I've never used the GG or the Chinese ones. But, a lot of Youtubbers say one of the Chinese brands is where Griot's get their long throw polishers from. They look identical to me aside from color, so I dunno maybe it's true.

I'd say for a name brand and a life time warranty this is beyond a good deal. But the price on some of those Chinese long throw polishers are just insane lol. Amazon had a 21mm one for $89 last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    i would keep the PC and delegate it to a smaller pad set-up and perhaps even a spare (you never know).
    This is exactly what I did with my PC.

And it really excels at it, IMO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    If you watch some Youtube videos, you'll find a few popular Chinese brands where you can get a 15 or 21mm polisher for the same price, or cheaper than the GG9. I can't comment on quality between them as I've never used the GG or the Chinese ones. But, a lot of Youtubbers say one of the Chinese brands is where Griot's get their long throw polishers from. They look identical to me aside from color, so I dunno maybe it's true.

I'd say for a name brand and a life time warranty this is beyond a good deal. But the price on some of those Chinese long throw polishers are just insane lol. Amazon had a 21mm one for $89 last year.
    You're comparing apples and oranges. 15 and 21mm throw polishers have a bit of a learning curve. The G9 is a great tool for the beginner or pro. I started with a Cyclo in 1988 and wished this tool was around then and I'm speaking from experience.

That said, just because someone wants a G9 doesn't mean you buy a long throw based on price as you repeatedly suggest. Two completely different tools.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

5. Likes PaulMys, VISITOR, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought the boss g15 when comparing to the gg6. I found no issues using it as a 1st time newb and found it easier to use due to being faster with less vibrations. I have a curvy car and had no issues with the longer throw.

Save the money from wanting to upgrade later and just go with the long throw.

As for “comparable” Chinese models..... maxshine/shinemaster makes griots polishers for them. So with them coming out with their own line (8mm, 15mm and 21mm).

The use NSK bearings like the Griots and a machined counterweight. Their a couple of hundred so not cheap but no comparison to the Griots products. I had them both around same time and sent the other one back. I don’t know what’s different but definitely not as smooth and sounded (cheaper?) different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Same internals.

Post Thanks / Like

There was about 1 amp more power with the XP. Something like 3.7 up to 4.5.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

When you say do your own vehicles, what steps are you doing with the PC 7335? Compound, polish, machine apply wax?

Short answer:
    To apply wax I would rather use a PC one handed. Compound: G9. Polish: debatable which tool for a weekend warrior with limited budget and already owning a PC tool.

Long Answer:
    G9 is a nice machine if you want short throw free spinning. Others have recommended different polishers, large throw 15mm and 21mm free spinning machines take more technique and practice to get a faster finish rate and keep the pad spinning. More leverage on the larger throw machines tends to stall the pad requiring more technique, nothing to be afraid of though. Just know a little learning curve awaits you with a 15mm or 21mm. Took me a day to figure out with instruction.

I tried the G9 at the detailing boot camp with Mike. Would I replace the PC with a G9 for a weekend warrior? That's a personal preference. If I had free cash to spend on a new toy and I like small throw polishers I would upgrade. If my current PC is working for me and I don't have a lot of extra cash I would invest the money in other cheaper tools to speed up my process (ex pad washing, micro fibers, pads, clay mit/cloth). Invest in some training would be a good spend to speed up your overall process, pending budget of course.

I have a PC and yes the G9 is an improvement in power and ergonomics at a great price. Any detailing shop or forum member nearby you could try a few polishers and a G9? You might find you like a completely different polisher, it's personal preference.

Result of any machine is up to you and your skill level.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless it's about to die, I'd say no
    You'd be better off buying a 3in plate for the PC and purchasing a 21mm G21 or similar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    Unless it's about to die, I'd say no
    You'd be better off buying a 3in plate for the PC and purchasing a 21mm G21 or similar
    Keeping the PC for my 3" pad work and have my S15 ready to go this Thursday for a client's vehicle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast