autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which polisher for a new guy?

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    Right here is all you need. No other power can compareWhich polisher for a new guy? Which polisher for a new guy?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    What are the benefits of stepping up to this one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nprotz View Post
    What are the benefits of stepping up to this one?
    Well my good sir. Less vibration better craftsmanship. I mean I understand the whole lifetime warranty. I mean that is a great selling point seeing that its made in China so that would be understandable. I believe it's a all around better polisher. Each polisher that is made by rupes is tested and I trust the craftsmanship way more than Griot's.
    I mean I have Griot's polishers but they are definitely not my go-to's.

Video link believe.
    YouTube

3. Likes nprotz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

the GG6 has been a proven workhorse for many years and is as reliable as any other. it won't break the bank and the fact that you can switch backing plates with the corresponding pads makes it even more versatile. GG customer service is as good as it gets and no excuses that they didn't get your phone calls and/or e-mails (or blame you), if you ever encounter a problem at any point. you will get immediate assistance/help. who has time for nonsense, right?

Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips

5. Likes nprotz, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    the GG6 has been a proven workhorse for many years and is as reliable as any other. it won't break the bank and the fact that you can switch backing plates with the corresponding pads makes it even more versatile. GG customer service is as good as it gets and no excuses that they didn't get your phone call and/or e-mails (or blame you), if you ever encounter a problem at any point. you will get immediate assistance/help...

Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips
    I mean there's so many other things outside of money. I've never had a issue with rupes customer service. There isnt much of a price difference between the two. I would say a about $100 more. Make sure your bank is FDIC insured and you will never worried about breaking the bankWhich polisher for a new guy? Which polisher for a new guy?.

7. Likes nprotz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    I mean there's so many other things outside of money. I've never had a issue with rupes customer service. There isnt much of a price difference between the two. I would say a about $100 more. Make sure your bank is FDIC insured and you will never worried about breaking the bankWhich polisher for a new guy? Which polisher for a new guy?.

some people don't think like you. also, the GG6 can accept 3" to 6" backing plates (and different size pads) to cover more areas of the vehicle as mentioned in the above video...

9. Likes nprotz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely take a Makita over at Griot's polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    some people don't think like you. also, the GG6 can accept 3" to 6" backing plates to cover more areas of the vehicle as mentioned in the above video...
    I mean you may be right. I would just buy polisher that fits a 3-inch pad so on so on. I own quite a few polishers in my trucks and shops. As you see some of the ones I have hanging around in my house I'm just saying I look for more than just a warranty mainly because I don't keep polishers long enough for it to matter because something new comes out that may be better. Now if I did I would like a company that would invest more into building and improving their products and not just having someone else build and slap my name on it.

12. Likes nprotz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Newbie here. Just did my first polish and coating. I went with the Griots BOSS gg15 long throw. I have a 2016 mustangs with all kind of curves and was concerned with stalling.

The BOSS gg15 is a beast. Little issues with stalling and once you get technique down it’ll spin like a top. Didn’t take long to figure out just work on adjusting angle of pad to get it figured out.

It cuts great, polish superior, and way less vibrations than a Griots gg6. Save your money from buying basic and upgrading later and go straight to the 15 longthrow l, you’ll be glad you did.

I have never used a another polisher (except my Adams 3 inch) and was worried about if I spent too much (shoulda got gg6) or too little (bought the Rupes) and didn’t get the right polisher. After using it’s an absolute dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes nprotz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont understand why every " what do you guys recommend thread" has to be a measuring contest! There is no one polisher that fits all. What happened to the time where people could share their opinions without getting into a bickering match about brand. Each brand has their fan base and there is no reason for one fan base to put down or crap on another.
    People join forums to learn and grow not read a constant contemplation of bickering.

Back to the topic, I started with a porter cable 7424xp and it was a great machine, but as I got comfortable I moved up to long throws and forced rotation. If I could do it all over again, I would have probably started with the GG6 for the power and warranty. Long throws and forced rotations have learning curves which might be overwhelming while you are first starting. Good luck with your choice and careful, it gets addicting. Lol

16. Likes dlc95, nprotz, VISITOR, Eldorado2k, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Newbie here. Just did my first polish and coating. I went with the Griots BOSS gg15 long throw. I have a 2016 mustangs with all kind of curves and was concerned with stalling.

The BOSS gg15 is a beast. Little issues with stalling and once you get technique down it’ll spin like a top. Didn’t take long to figure out just work on adjusting angle of pad to get it figured out.

It cuts great, polish superior, and way less vibrations than a Griots gg6. Save your money from buying basic and upgrading later and go straight to the 15 longthrow l, you’ll be glad you did.

I have never used a another polisher (except my Adams 3 inch) and was worried about if I spent too much (shoulda got gg6) or too little (bought the Rupes) and didn’t get the right polisher. After using it’s an absolute dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Newbie! Where?

18. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast