autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question about Boss Fast Correcting Cream...

If Boss FAST Correcting cream is used, can you then skip directly to Boss Perfecting Cream with good results, or should there be another polish step in between. For now let's assume the car is black.

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about Boss Fast Correcting Cream...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    If Boss FAST Correcting cream is used, can you then skip directly to Boss Perfecting Cream with good results, or should there be another polish step in between. For now let's assume the car is black.

Thanks in advance!
    Absolutely. Heck, not too long ago I corrected a black Infiniti sedan with Fast Correcting Cream and went straight to lsp! Lol.

3. Likes PaulMys, WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Absolutely. Heck, not too long ago I corrected a black Infiniti sedan with Fast Correcting Cream and went straight to lsp! Lol.
    ^This^

FCC is a compound that finishes down like a fine polish. I was actually stunned. Thought I was missing something or in the wrong light. Nope.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes Eldorado2k, WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Question about Boss Fast Correcting Cream...

I usually like to start off my test spot using these LC HD Orbital Foam Polishing Pads. They’re labeled as polishing but when paired with a long stroke DA they’re quite capable if and when you need them to be, especially on OEM paint.

I polished this vehicle with Megs D166, but when it came time to do the hood it had some pretty heavy marring & swirls. I was running a bit long on the job and decided to cut to the chase and reached straight for McKee’s Fast Compound [which is very comparable to Griots Fast Correcting Cream] .... Straight to lsp.

I buffed this whole car with the regular Correcting Cream w/those orange pads and went straight to lsp. But if I would’ve needed to use Fast Correcting Cream, I have no doubt I would’ve had the same results.

7. Likes PaulMys, LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, no, it depends!

If you're OCD like me, and use a Microfiber Cutting Pad with the the FCC, then "my eyes" will tell micro-marring and will drive me insane!!! If I'm working with the BOSS White Pad, or BOSS Orange pad, you should be fine. For pretty bad swirls & scratches, I like to use the white pad (GG's most aggressive foam pad) because it finishes off very nicely. It cuts faster than orange, not as fast as Microfiber, but it finishes down really nice.

The "it depends" part is really on the paint itself. You're only true way of telling is to perform the all famous TEST SPOT!
    How To Do a Test Spot

9. Likes PaulMys, WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSNAutoDetailing View Post
    Yes, no, it depends!

If you're OCD like me, and use a Microfiber Cutting Pad with the the FCC, then "my eyes" will tell micro-marring and will drive me insane!!! If I'm working with the BOSS White Pad, or BOSS Orange pad, you should be fine. For pretty bad swirls & scratches, I like to use the white pad (GG's most aggressive foam pad) because it finishes off very nicely. It cuts faster than orange, not as fast as Microfiber, but it finishes down really nice.

The "it depends" part is really on the paint itself. You're only true way of telling is to perform the all famous TEST SPOT!
    How To Do a Test Spot
    Once again, Paul kicks my a$$ with his description.......................
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

How would you say BOSS FCC compares to Megs M205 in terms of cutting and correcting ability? I did look at the Autogeek Abrasive Comparison Chart. BOSS products were not listed. They (Autogeek) should consider revising that chart periodically as this segment of the market is often changing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    How would you say BOSS FCC compares to Megs M205 in terms of cutting and correcting ability? I did look at the Autogeek Abrasive Comparison Chart. BOSS products were not listed. They (Autogeek) should consider revising that chart periodically as this segment of the market is often changing.
    I’d say it’s on par with McKee’s Fast Correcting Compound, or whatever it’s called now. In other words, way more cutting ability than M205 when the actual gloves come off and you need to actually cut. M205 has some cutting ability, but beyond the normL stuff it’s intended for, any “cutting” with it usually involves just simply doing too much....

For example you could technically mow your lawn with a weed wacker, but why not quit foolin around and get the dang lawn mower out? Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’d say it’s on par with McKee’s Fast Correcting Compound, or whatever it’s called now. In other words, way more cutting ability than M205 when the actual gloves come off and you need to actually cut. M205 has some cutting ability, but beyond the normL stuff it’s intended for, any “cutting” with it usually involves just simply doing too much....

For example you could technically mow your lawn with a weed wacker, but why not quit foolin around and get the dang lawn mower out? Lol.
    Hey Eldorado2K! My mistake. I meant to ask how does BOSS FCC compare to Megs M105, not M205 which is a finishing polish. Sorry for my confusion.

Post Thanks / Like

I love FCC with the exception it can be hard to wipe off. Does McKees compound wipe off easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast