autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question about Boss Fast Correcting Cream...

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    I love FCC with the exception it can be hard to wipe off. Does McKees compound wipe off easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    You have found the FCC hard to wipe off?

Only difference I can think of is your climate vs. mine.

It removes pretty much effortlessly for me.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I love FCC with the exception it can be hard to wipe off. Does McKees compound wipe off easier?

Mark, I can honestly say I think FCC is super easy to wipe off. Are you working outside or perhaps using a bit too much product?
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Pilot View Post
    If Boss FAST Correcting cream is used, can you then skip directly to Boss Perfecting Cream with good results, or should there be another polish step in between. For now let's assume the car is black.

Thanks in advance!

Every paint is different and of course do a test spot to get your desired results. I have on many occasions used FCC the refined with their Finishing sealant (which is an AIO) and called it a day. Again depends on the paint.
    Jim

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Eldorado2K! My mistake. I meant to ask how does BOSS FCC compare to Megs M105, not M205 which is a finishing polish. Sorry for my confusion.
    It’s near to it, but I still consider M105 to be the king of cut on my shelf with McKee’s Fast Compound in 2nd, followed by Griots FCC. The reason I put the McKee’s above the Griots has alot to do with the consistency of the product. It’s a thick robust paste the way a cutting compound outta be. The Boss Creams have a weird way of changing consistency from thick to runny depending on temps and I dunno maybe it’s just in my head but I tend to lose a bit of faith whenever I see it pour out on the runny side. McKee’s Compound has never let me down in that way or any other way. It’s a solid choice in my book. You should try it.

IME they both wipe off easily. I’ve never had the Boss Creams become hard to wipe off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It’s near to it, but I still consider M105 to be the king of cut on my shelf with McKee’s Fast Compound in 2nd, followed by Griots FCC. The reason I put the McKee’s above the Griots has alot to do with the consistency of the product. It’s a thick robust paste the way a cutting compound outta be. The Boss Creams have a weird way of changing consistency from thick to runny depending on temps and I dunno maybe it’s just in my head but I tend to lose a bit of faith whenever I see it pour out on the runny side. McKee’s Compound has never let me down in that way or any other way. It’s a solid choice in my book. You should try it.

IME they both wipe off easily. I’ve never had the Boss Creams become hard to wipe off.
    You know, I think temperature definitely is playing a role with the BOSS creams. I have seen this characteristic too. In my experience though, the performance is unaffected. I have yet to come across any other polish that is easier to use or finishes better than the BOSS creams, and no dusting!!
    At the moment, I think I am inclined to leave Meguiars in favor of Griot's BOSS product line. I am a little conflicted in that Meguiars has been the old reliable go-to for so many years. It is also relatively inexpensive and readily available anywhere. Tough choices.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I think temperature definitely is playing a role with the BOSS creams. I have seen this characteristic too. In my experience though, the performance is unaffected. I have yet to come across any other polish that is easier to use or finishes better than the BOSS creams, and no dusting!!
    Wait a sec. I’m confused.... How can you say that.^

If Boss FAST Correcting cream is used, can you then skip directly to Boss Perfecting Cream with good results, or should there be another polish step in between. For now let's assume the car is black.

Thanks in advance!
    ....Yet you start this thread asking this.^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Wait a sec. I’m confused.... How can you say that.^

....Yet you start this thread asking this.^
    Because I don't have much experience with the BOSS system beyond trying it on my own car. I was looking for a much more broad opinion, a consensus on what other detailers with a wide detailing range thought. I don't want to commit to buying into a product line only to find out later that it may fall short of my needs. I'm still researching, but I am really liking what I am finding on the BOSS line.

9. Likes astro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found that he BOSS polishes are affected by high humidity. They become a bit runny and act gummy on the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I have found that he BOSS polishes are affected by high humidity. They become a bit runny and act gummy on the paint.
    I've had that experience with their finishing sealant

Post Thanks / Like

I recently used BOSS Perfecting on a hot and humid day. Yes, it was runny, but no, it wasn't gummy on the paint.

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast