autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which one ? Meguiar's MT300 or GG 6" DA?

Looking to get one or the other - Meguia's MT300 or GG 6"?

Just my own personal cars, so I'm really stuck on which one to go for?
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which one ? Meguiar's MT300 or GG 6" DA?

It really comes down to form factor.

I personally prefer long body tools for my full size polishers, so I started with the MT300. Paired with thinpros, you really don’t need a long throw. It’s a beast and works really well.

The gg6 is no slouch either and with boss pads or thinpros should do well also. It’s a small body polished which a lot of people prefer, along the lines of a porter cable.

Can’t really go wrong either way, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

3. Thanks Marc Hufnagel thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The GG6 has all the power/torque you'll need even if you don't use thin pads---with a 5" backing plate and 5.5" pads there isn't much it can't do. Add the Heavy Duty 3" backing plate and 3 inch pads and you're good to go for even the small tight areas on the car. And to top it all off the GG6 has a lifetime warranty. Since you're only taking care of your own cars you'll probably only use it a couple of times each year so imagine if it has a problem 3 or 4 years down the road---do you want to spend a minimum of $80 to have it repaired or a phone call to Griots for a return authorization where they will most likely just send you a new polisher????

Here's a post by Mike Phillips that list everything you need to get started in machine polishing: Here's what you need to get into machine polishing - Recommendations for a beginner by Mike Phillips

5. Thanks Marc Hufnagel thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your thoughts on this. It sounds like the GG is going to be the best choice. Appreciate it!
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

The Meguiars MT300 is no doubt the better polisher, as long as it doesn’t break down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    The Meguiars MT300 is no doubt the better polisher, as long as it doesn’t break down.
    Mine went through a weird phase where it didn’t want to turn on, but after some choice words it stopped doing that (I never took it apart because I’m lazy, don’t judge me.)

I do enjoy using it, but sometimes I wish I had gotten the gg6, just because I think I’d prefer the porter cable body style more. I often find myself holding the mt300 up in the middle just because of my own personal tendencies to tilt the machine.

I also don’t enjoy attaching a 3” plate to it (it works fine, the size of the body just makes it feel weird.) it’s one of those situations where if I ever get a more robust machine, I don’t see this one ever getting used again, because I’d rather have a smaller machine (pc7424, gg6) to use for edge work.

Glad to see people like the mt300 though, i don’t see it talked about often. I’m assuming because of the price point. It’s a real nice tool though, and it’s done whatever I’ve wanted it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Can not speak about the MT300, but I have a GG6 and love it. So far, it's handled everything I've thrown at it. Plenty of power, a lifetime warranty, and it's roughly 100.00 less than the MT300...what more could you ask for?

11. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a GG6 since 2007. It still works great, just looks a little rough. This little machine is a workhorse!

Bill

13. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    Mine went through a weird phase where it didn’t want to turn on, but after some choice words it stopped doing that (I never took it apart because I’m lazy, don’t judge me.)

I do enjoy using it, but sometimes I wish I had gotten the gg6, just because I think I’d prefer the porter cable body style more. I often find myself holding the mt300 up in the middle just because of my own personal tendencies to tilt the machine.

I also don’t enjoy attaching a 3” plate to it (it works fine, the size of the body just makes it feel weird.) it’s one of those situations where if I ever get a more robust machine, I don’t see this one ever getting used again, because I’d rather have a smaller machine (pc7424, gg6) to use for edge work.

Glad to see people like the mt300 though, i don’t see it talked about often. I’m assuming because of the price point. It’s a real nice tool though, and it’s done whatever I’ve wanted it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really like the smaller body style of the PC/Duetto.

If I get a chance to get a Megs g110v2, I might pick one up. I doubt It's going to be a radical departure from the PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast