autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D Products

Post Thanks / Like

3D Products

I'm curious, unless I'm missing the right threads I don't see much info on 3D products. Any insight on their products would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mike Bradford
    Hattiesburg, Ms

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Products

From what i have read the pink soap is a good value, HD speed is a good AIO, and i personally like BDX.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drmikeyb View Post
    I'm curious, unless I'm missing the right threads I don't see much info on 3D products. Any insight on their products would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Mike Bradford
    Hattiesburg, Ms
    You must have missed virtually every post I've ever made.haha

3D offers some of the best chemicals and abrasives on the market.

HD Polish+ is a SMAT (non-diminishing) like M205 except it finishes amazing on both hard and soft paints where M205 can struggle to finish well on softer paints. I think HD Polish+ is easier to use and finishes better the M205, Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish, Menzerna MC2500, Menzerna 3500, and Jescar finishing polish. I use it for polishing neglect trim, polishing windshields, plastic coated chrome, etc and it wipes off clean without the need of excess buffing or a panel wipe to remove the leftover oils. Boss Perfecting Cream is a little bit better for really hard paints but no other polish finishes as well as HD Polish+

IMO 3D 501 cutting compound, 3D 502 finishing polish, and HD Cut+ are all dustless but other than that I don't have many good things to say about them. They can be difficult to remove and the buffing cycle of the compounds are too short IMO. They are not forgiving like many other new compounds on the market like Fast Correcting Cream and Jescar Correction Compound.

HD Speed and 3D 505 Correction Glaze are hands down the two best cleaner waxes on the market. Unlike most AIO products, they require very little product to get incredible results which makes them a very economical choice for me compared to Meg's D151 and D166 that require 2-3 times as much product on the pad to achieve good results. If cut and durability is more important for you in an AIO, IME D166 is a better option. If you want an AIO that finishes perfect on nearly all paints and is ridiculously easy to use and remove, 3D/HD is the better option.

3D Orange Degreaser is an economical degreaser that I feel is a less "hot" degreaser than the popular D108 super degreaser. It uses D-Limonene and citrus solvents to degrease and it's actually better at removing silicone based tire dressings than the butyl based super degreaser. It has a pleasant citrus scent and can be safely used at higher dilutions for interior applications. IMO 3D orange degreaser has less health hazards and is the best economy degreaser I've found.

3D Towel Kleen is the best microfiber detergent on the market. I've done extensive testing with 3D Towel Kleen compared to other free and clear detergents as well as micro-restore and 3D Towel kleen keeps my towels the softest. I'm not worried about removing staining from my towels, all I care about is how the feel and perform and 3D Towel Kleen out performs everything else I've tried.

There is a new compound 3D will be releasing the beginning of the new year called ACA 500 X-tra cut compound which uses AlPHA CERAMIC ALUMINA which is suppose to be more effective on rock hard ceramic clears. I'm really looking forward to testing it even though I haven't been very impressed with a 3D compound since the original HD cut. They tried to increase the cut with HD Cut+ and completely jacked up everything the compound had going for it....which was ease of use.

4. Thanks drmikeyb, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes ski2, LSNAutoDetailing, Mad Wax, derass, dlc95 and 1 others liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

3D's HD Speed is the glossiest, slickest, and easiest to use of the AIOs I've tried...including McKees 360, Meguiars D166, and Griots Finishing Sealant. It does fall a little behind when it comes to durability and cut, however, but I've gotten decent correction on light swirls with either a Griots BOSS orange pad, or a Chemical Guys Hexlogic Quantum orange pad

6. Thanks drmikeyb thanked for this post
    Likes mwoywod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

uuhhhh Almost everyone on here raves about 3d HD Speed. There is a reason for it. It is flat out amazing. I buffed a 25' travel trailer with it today and it took off quite a bit of oxidation and left it slicker than snot. I will be trying other 3d products in the future as my need for them arises.

8. Likes timoneill728 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love their yellow degreaser (Wheel & tire cleaner). At 4:1 it cleans the tires of all prior dressings.

https://youtu.be/J0qCQALckQ0
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive been using hd speed for a while and just invested in a small bottle of hd polish, hd cut, hd dress, and hd poxy. With the orange lake country ccs pads and hd cut I didn't see the results i was expecting. Ill be using hd polish and then mckees paint sealant this weekend for the first time. Love the hd dress and works great on tonneau covers.

Sent from my VS988 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like this is an odd place to post about 3D products seeing as this is the griots section, but I live near 3D and I buy HD speed by the gallon, it is easy to work wit, can be used in the sun during really hot days and still wipe of with little effort. cut wise its not the best, its pretty low on the scale and is easily beat out by Griots and megs AIO's but it is very glossy compared to others. its durability is pretty good, Im able to get around 3 months out of it on daily drivers in the hot desert. I use it as my bottom of the barrel AIO offering and offer griots finishing sealant or megs d166 as my higher options because they cut much better.

on a side note ive actually been considering leaving the AIO market and just getting a good all around polish and then offering a topping of choice to my customers

Post Thanks / Like

Guess most of us have some 3D products on our shelves. The brand seem to be popular here. Towel Kleen is my go-to and my towels come out great. Better at getting polish and and sealants out than laundry detergent.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

I like HD Total APC. It can be used in a rinseless fashion on wheels and engine compartments.

14. Likes mwoywod liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast