autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: For those who have upgraded to the BOSS

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Is the brush issue only with the G21 or does it also apply to the G15? When you say wears out fast, what would you estimate that to be in hours of use?

ScottH
    I've had to replace both my g15 and g21 since I've had them and the g15 is going back again. Idk what's wrong with them but it makes a grinding sound again

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ScottH,

I bought mine around end of April. Replaced the brushes once around July. So I would say all depending on how many cars you will be doing. from end of April to July roughly 3 months past by and I had done 15 cars during the week-end only. So that roughly 14 week-ends at around 1 car per week-end. So you might say that the BOSS was being used quite often to full potential. I live in a very humid area in Canada (Ottawa/Gatineau). Our humidity factor has roughly an increase of 8-10 degrees.

Post Thanks / Like

What are the warning signs/symptoms that the brushes are starting to go out? And do you change them yourself, or do you send it in for repair?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What are the warning signs/symptoms that the brushes are starting to go out? And do you change them yourself, or do you send it in for repair?
    A spare set should he in the red bag that was send with the box

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    A spare set should he in the red bag that was send with the box

Yea I just checked to make sure I hadn't lost them... I have 2 sets of brushes, 4 washers, 1 extra backing plate screw, 3 tubes of silicone grease, and 1 allen wrench so I'm good.

But that still doesn't answer my question, what are the early warning signs? And do you change out the brushes yourself, or is it something that requires the polisher to be sent back for them to do for you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea I just checked to make sure I hadn't lost them... I have 2 sets of brushes, 4 washers, 1 extra backing plate screw, 3 tubes of silicone grease, and 1 allen wrench so I'm good.

But that still doesn't answer my question, what are the early warning signs? And do you change out the brushes yourself, or is it something that requires the polisher to be sent back for them to do for you?
    Yes it is something you can do yourself in less than 5 minutes. I used a small needle nosed plier to remove and install them. Check YouTube I am sure there must be a video. As far as warning signs, the Motor on mine had very little spin/power to it. So I unplugged it and changed the brushes and was 100% operational in a few mins. BTW this was on a GG6 but that doesn't matter - same process. Haven't had to change them on my G15 yet.

ScottH

7. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Warning signs is that when you press the power button to turn the machine on sometimes it will power the machine sometimes it will not, or when you are working with the machine the power will skip.

You can easily change the brushes yourself. You have 2 screws on each side of the machine. Just unscrew one at a time and replace the brushes. It's an in and out process.

9. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patricemougeot View Post
    Warning signs is that when you press the power button to turn the machine on sometimes it will power the machine sometimes it will not, or when you are working with the machine the power will skip.

You can easily change the brushes yourself. You have 2 screws on each side of the machine. Just unscrew one at a time and replace the brushes. It's an in and out process.
    I take it they'll both go out at the same time? Or is it just recommended to change them both just like I would spark plugs?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if they wear at the same exact rate but I would change they at the same time - that is what I did

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I don't know if they wear at the same exact rate but I would change they at the same time - that is what I did

ScottH
    Not a good time to turn into El Cheapo. For those who have upgraded to the BOSSlol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast