autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Non-Griot's pad discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    I have a wide range of polishes I have tried with them. M100, Fast correcting cream, M205, HD Speed, Menzerna sf3800, Menzerna PF2500, all the rupes polishes plus others.

I will say that Menzerna pf2500 and M100 and M205 along with fast correcting cream are definitely some of my favorites. Really just depends on what the paint likes.

Well that's good to know. I'm still in the testing stages to find my final lineup so given that i have a significant number of thinpros I'll start working with those, and maybe get some Rupes pads to try out since they're actually not as expensive as I thought they were for some reason.

Especially attractive would be using the UHS system on my g15 and then following with something like power lock. I have a feeling that'd be a killer combo for a one step and seal package.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcat9 View Post
    Well that's good to know. I'm still in the testing stages to find my final lineup so given that i have a significant number of thinpros I'll start working with those, and maybe get some Rupes pads to try out since they're actually not as expensive as I thought they were for some reason.

Especially attractive would be using the UHS system on my g15 and then following with something like power lock. I have a feeling that'd be a killer combo for a one step and seal package.

In all honesty I haven't had great luck with the UHS system. Hell M100 on a Rupes green pad is awesome for a one step on medium paint.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

So this weekend I worked 3 vehicles with the G15 using McKee's 360 mostly, and white thinpro pads. My god is this thing incredible. It's way smoother than I was expecting it to be.

As an experiment, I even used a 5.5" LC flat pad (blue) on it to spread some Power Lock on one of the vehicles. It handled that with ease, though I think the MT300 and 6.5" CCS pads will take over that duty going forward.

4. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, when searching around I came across this thread, here it is almost a year later.

For anyone interested, I've started using a lot more of the BOSS foam pads and have all but phased out the thinpros in the 5.5" space. I have since swapped my G15 for a G21 but am still using both washers and the 5.5" plate as opposed to the 6".

For cutting, I use essentially nothing but Meg's MF, but did bring in some rupes wool pads for testing.

For foam, I primarily have BOSS correcting (orange) and perfecting (yellow) pads. I've tried the regular Rupes pads, Mille pads, thinpros, flats, and I really prefer the BOSS pads at least on the 15. I may re-try the regular Rupes pads on the 21. However, I may bring in a couple HDO pads for testing as I'm beginning to get a little concerned about the longevity of particularly the Orange griot's pads.
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

6. Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234