autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Non-Griot's pad discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jcat9 View Post
    I had thought about using rupes pads too but wasn't really interested in also using their liquids. That and their pads are a bit more costly I think, though I haven't priced them recently.

I only have experience with the 3" boss pads but again, I don't plan on using the boss liquids and it seems that's where they really shine, so I haven't really been sold totally on investing in that line.

It seems like a thicker pad and the inner flex wouldn't help it spin better, just flex around curves, no?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    No the innerflex pad on the boss pads make the pad spin easier. Its for curves to That might be a side effect.

The hdo pads are the same thickness as the boss pad plus the inner flex pad together. I wouldn't use the inner flex with the thicker hdo pads they already have the extra thickness built in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valky View Post
    Fightnews, HDO foam pad cutting ability is very low, it’s just on par with orange or yellow CCS pad at most (which both have less or equal to URO-Tec Maroon at most). Their HDO microfiber cutting is great though. But if you want a foam cutting pad, you will never disappoint with BnS Uro-tec or Low Pro.
    I dont really use cutting pads to much. My car is in top shape. I do have various microfiber and foam cutting pads I just dont use them much. I definitely believe the thinner pads have better cut but how can you use them on a curved panel? There is no give in the backing plate i know that much. Thats why I like my flex better. Some of these car panels have a ton of curves.

Post Thanks / Like

Which polishes and compounds are you using with them?

Currently I'm getting very into the jescar products, and mckees 360, though I may pick up some menz 3-1 and hd speed to try for comparison sake. I just want to make sure I'm taking full advantage of these kinds of products by using the most effective pad system I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    I really like the rupes diamond ultrafine polish and menzerna 3800

Post Thanks / Like

Official Non-Griot's pad discussion

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    No the innerflex pad on the boss pads make the pad spin easier. Its for curves to That might be a side effect.
    I'm sorry, but you're just incorrect on this one.

See this video and start at 6:17

https://youtu.be/3XdyIOiJf20

Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the rupes diamond ultrafine polish and menzerna 3800
    The jescar micro finishing polish near as I can tell is essentially a tweaked menzerna 3500 so I guess that would work on a rupes yellow. It's probably going to replace 205 in my lineup.

I also have the jescar compound which is replacing 105 and from what I can gather is essentially a tweaked fg400 which should work on just about any cutting pad out there.

Since I've already got thinpros they're going to get the workout first, I have a feeling that they'll fill a good role for moderate to more heavy corrections and spot scratch removal, and I should probably get the innerflex pad to help with curvier panels.

The 6" pad on a 15 I would think is best suited for AIO work like m3-1, 360, speed etc so that would require a lighter polishing pad. Boss or rupes, AG says 360 likes ccs pads but those are 6.5" and would require the bigger backing plate which I haven't gotten yet.

I think lsp duties will be handled by the mt300 and 6.5" ccs pads. I think the g15 is just too much machine to spread wax at least until I decide whether or not to keep the mt300.

So it seems like the options for non boss foam pads are pretty simple (mf is a different animal and I don't use it often):

-LC thinpros
    -LC flats
    -LC hdo
    -rupes pads
    -B&S Uro-tech
    -B&S lowpro

Has anyone played with the rupes UHS system on a g15 or 21? I've been toying with the idea of it since I like using powerlock to seal and would put something like UHS/PL in a higher class single step polish/seal package.

Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

IMO use the boss pads with the boss polisher. A 6-pack of boss pads can be had for $44 (little over $7 a pad) with the 20% off coupons that run almost weekly. Ive tried and performed nearly a dozen test spots to compare them with the HDO, thin, and flat pads. The boss pads take some getting used to but they work and they work well especially when combined with the boss polishes. There's a reason things are put together in a systematic way sometimes

Post Thanks / Like

Currently I'm getting very into the jescar products, and mckees 360, though I may pick up some menz 3-1 and hd speed to try for comparison sake. I just want to make sure I'm taking full advantage of these kinds of products by using the most effective pad system I can.

I usually use them on FG400 and SF3800, both cut and Gloss are phenomenal. If you need just only to polish small defect Yellow and your Jescar finishing polish will work perfect to creat deep wet. For AIO, Maroon will work very well, I try it with speed and get a “cheating” result on heavy to moderate defect.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont really use cutting pads to much. My car is in top shape. I do have various microfiber and foam cutting pads I just dont use them much. I definitely believe the thinner pads have better cut but how can you use them on a curved panel? There is no give in the backing plate i know that much. Thats why I like my flex better. Some of these car panels have a ton of curves.
    There are several methods

1.) it’s how you handle the machine, need familiarity with them
    2.) 3 inches machine
    3.) Using 8mm throw DA is easier

Post Thanks / Like

Not Justin, but I'm liking Rupes pads on my GG6. I get that this isn't the same as the G21. For me the blue and green just cut better and seem to make correction go faster. I had some bad defects on the hood of my Sentra (wet sanding gone bad). Rupes blue pad + Menzerna 300 or Rupes Zepher got defects out 2x faster than a Boss MF or a gray Thinpro.

The Green also seems to get work done faster than other medium pads and finishes well with an AIO or medium polish. I have less experience with the yellow.

One downside is that these pads clog up quickly, especially with non-Rupes polishes. I clean as I go but they'll still load up after a panel or so and cut less well. I'll try to take a picture next I use one to show how it looks. Probably best to stick with Rupes polishes for these pads or plan on one pad per panel.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

I have a wide range of polishes I have tried with them. M100, Fast correcting cream, M205, HD Speed, Menzerna sf3800, Menzerna PF2500, all the rupes polishes plus others.

I will say that Menzerna pf2500 and M100 and M205 along with fast correcting cream are definitely some of my favorites. Really just depends on what the paint likes.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast