autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Official Non-Griot's pad discussion

B&S Low Pro are the best pads I have used especially the maroon one. I use those and the BOSS pads on G15 /G21.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

The Boss pads are pretty nice, they identical to the Low-Pro’s apart from the stiff foam interface. The Uro-Tec’s are very smooth operating and can get most work done but if its all out cut you require the ThinPro or Low-Pro’s are at the top of their game. On flat surfaces the ThinPros have the edge and on curves the Low-Pro’s do. As for the new HDO’s, I only have experience with the blue, cut and finish is pretty much onpar a normal orange pad. Something that has worked surprisingly well on my Boss 21 and Rupes MKII’s are the BnS Flat 5.5” pads, and I mean REALLY well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcat9 View Post
    So, with my G15 being delivered today and having heavily invested in a non-griot's pad line, I wanted to start a thread to discuss what non-griot's pads work well on these machines.

Currently I've got a Meguiar's MT300 which came with 6.5" CCS pads. Truthfully, anything but the blue and black for sealant/wax/glazing are a joke on that machine. I then bought a couple LC Flat pads (5.5") and they worked better but still not terribly impressive. Fast forward to trying the ThinPros, and my god what a difference that made on that slightly underpowered machine. I would strongly recommend anyone with the GG6 give the thinner pads a try, it'll take that machine to a whole other level.

Then I bought a GG3 which came with the 3.5" BOSS pads. That worked well, but I also bought a 6pk of thinpros to try on it, and I can say for sure that the GG3 with thinpros at speed 5-6 impressed the hell out of me removing etched water spots from Mercedes black paint.

Now, I've got my G15 being delivered today. I'm thinking the thinpros will be the way to go, but the HDO pads seem like they'd be a good option as well despite the higher cost. I like the B&S offerings but they're costly, same with the GG BOSS Pads at $11+ per pad, when I can get ThinPros at AGO for $8.99 or on sale like the other day at $6.95, less if you buy the 6pk.

So for those with either a G15 or 21, which non-griot's pads have you used? Good, bad, and ugly welcome!
    Why don't you like the griots? Lake country HDO's are good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Legacykid View Post
    I find that a slightly thicker pad makes using a long throw a little easier esp. on curved panels. I only use 5.5in as well. Just my thoughts. The only thin pads I use regularly are MF, or Boss finishing pads. Which are softer foam overall.
    Having a thicker pad 100% makes the long throws spin better. That's why griots has the inner flex pad. The HDO's are the same as the griots thin pads with the inner flex on

Post Thanks / Like

I had thought about using rupes pads too but wasn't really interested in also using their liquids. That and their pads are a bit more costly I think, though I haven't priced them recently.

I only have experience with the 3" boss pads but again, I don't plan on using the boss liquids and it seems that's where they really shine, so I haven't really been sold totally on investing in that line.

It seems like a thicker pad and the inner flex wouldn't help it spin better, just flex around curves, no?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Joe Catanzaro
    JCDetails (RI Based Mobile Detailer)
    http://jcdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fightnews, HDO foam pad cutting ability is very low, it’s just on par with orange or yellow CCS pad at most (which both have less or equal to URO-Tec Maroon at most). Their HDO microfiber cutting is great though. But if you want a foam cutting pad, you will never disappoint with BnS Uro-tec or Low Pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jcat9 View Post
    I had thought about using rupes pads too but wasn't really interested in also using their liquids. That and their pads are a bit more costly I think, though I haven't priced them recently.

I only have experience with the 3" boss pads but again, I don't plan on using the boss liquids and it seems that's where they really shine, so I haven't really been sold totally on investing in that line.

It seems like a thicker pad and the inner flex wouldn't help it spin better, just flex around curves, no?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline
    Jcat9, if you are interested in using Rupes pad but not thier liquid, you can go all the way with BnS URO-TEC line, it’s even better on durability and versatility with every brand of compound and Polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valky View Post
    Jcat9, if you are interested in using Rupes pad but not thier liquid, you can go all the way with BnS URO-TEC line, it’s even better on durability and versatility with every brand of compound and Polish.
    Do they offer a significant benefit over say LC thinpros or flat pads or even the boss pads? At least on AG they're more money than the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro

Post Thanks / Like

I have been really liking all the Rupes foam pads on my G21. So much so that I just got a big order in the other day. Rupes green and yellow are awesome pads along with the white. The blue is good but can create a mess.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Justin at Final Inspection View Post
    I have been really liking all the Rupes foam pads on my G21. So much so that I just got a big order in the other day. Rupes green and yellow are awesome pads along with the white. The blue is good but can create a mess.
    Which polishes and compounds are you using with them?

Currently I'm getting very into the jescar products, and mckees 360, though I may pick up some menz 3-1 and hd speed to try for comparison sake. I just want to make sure I'm taking full advantage of these kinds of products by using the most effective pad system I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Joe Catanzaro

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast