autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello. Gg6?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello. Gg6?

Hello everyone. I'm new to AGO. For the past 6 or so months, I have been getting into Detailing, filling my brain with tons of information, expanding my arsenal of products, and even started a small part time detailing vehicles (mostly interior/daily drivers)

However, with all this time thinking, researching, learning, etc, I still have no clue which Polisher I should get. I've been eyeing the gg6 for about a week now, hence why I posted here as I'd like feedback from others. (All search results usually show OLD posts).

On one hand, I want something affordable for my own vehicle and the few polishing details I might do before school starts (couple vehicles, purchased stuff by the gallon, limited income). On the other hand, I need something heavy duty (built to last) and multi use (carpet/leather brush for deep cleaning as an example).

GG6 hits many if not all. However not every Polisher is the same and some small stuff could make a difference. Aside from the GG6, I have been eying the torq 10F kit (would be good as I save with polished forbthe mean time)

had anyone used both that can give reliable feedback regarding either one? The torq kit seems like a really good deal for me... but CG -_- I've seen it be bashed, low reliability, etc. looks nice tho.

Gg6 has an "older" look look to it but the motor is impressive+ warranty. Any say?

Any pad/brush recommendations as well? (Mostly eyeing megs soft buff or hexlogic pads/ need something rougher for carpets and something gentle for leather seats)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello. Gg6?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose18x View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new to AGO. For the past 6 or so months, I have been getting into Detailing, filling my brain with tons of information, expanding my arsenal of products, and even started a small part time detailing vehicles (mostly interior/daily drivers)

However, with all this time thinking, researching, learning, etc, I still have no clue which Polisher I should get. I've been eyeing the gg6 for about a week now, hence why I posted here as I'd like feedback from others. (All search results usually show OLD posts).

On one hand, I want something affordable for my own vehicle and the few polishing details I might do before school starts (couple vehicles, purchased stuff by the gallon, limited income). On the other hand, I need something heavy duty (built to last) and multi use (carpet/leather brush for deep cleaning as an example).

GG6 hits many if not all. However not every Polisher is the same and some small stuff could make a difference. Aside from the GG6, I have been eying the torq 10F kit (would be good as I save with polished forbthe mean time)

had anyone used both that can give reliable feedback regarding either one? The torq kit seems like a really good deal for me... but CG -_- I've seen it be bashed, low reliability, etc. looks nice tho.

Gg6 has an "older" look look to it but the motor is impressive+ warranty. Any say?

Any pad/brush recommendations as well? (Mostly eyeing megs soft buff or hexlogic pads/ need something rougher for carpets and something gentle for leather seats)
    I have the GG6. Great machine. Lifetime warranty cannot be beat. There are brushes that attach to the GG6 once the backing plate is removed. MEGUIARS is a quality brand which I use. Do not get caught up in all the hype. Choose what you like and works for you. Get a routine down from washing 2 bucket method, rinseless wash and waterless wash, correcting, claying, iron remover, polishing and waxing and maybe ceramic coatings. Some guys I like on YouTube are Obsessed Garage, Nextleveldetailing, Auto fetish detailing, Waxmode and Accord79. Welcome to the addiction

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello. Gg6?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose18x View Post

I have (2) GG6's and they get used at least 50% of the time. Great polisher for the price and warranty that is impossible to beat. If you are new, this is a great polisher in the sense you won't feel the urge to upgrade as you might with a lesser polisher. Also focus on the right pad selection, this is often as important (if not more) than the polisher itself.

ScottH

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.