autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: G15 good enough for side business?

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I have three Rupes machines, and Griot's GG6 and G21. IMHO stalling is a state of mind.

These larger throw machines are desigend to do the work for you. You basically are their to guide the machine around. They do all the work. No real downward pressure is needed. It's kind of like a slegde hammer vs. a feather duster. Forced rotation and rotary machines are the sledge hammer and Rupes or G21 et all are the feather dusters. Always remember, when correcting paint, less is better. You are grinding off clear coat every time you polish. The more aggressively you do that the more cc you remove. I always like to take the minimalist approach. For me the large throw da's are my choice. I will most likley never own a forced rotation machine or a rotary. Mainly because the machines I have are more than adequate for the jobs I perform. If I were doing boats and rv's I would probably think differently.

All things considered equal between the Rupes and G15/21, two things that separate the G Series. It has a lifetime warranty and that is a big one, and it comes with an extra set of brushes and they are super easy to change. Their is a screw on the side, you pop it open and insert the new brushes and you are off and running. Some thought went into that. That's a major advantage imho.

I have a Rupes Mini for the tighter areas and for applying LSP's and I love it.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain, extremely helpful to me. GG's warranty is the reason I'm choosing them over Rupes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I've tried to put hrs behind the rupes 21 but I don't find it comfortable for long jobs, it is a smooth machine but the handle and delayed start really get to me. When I pull the trigger I want the power on demand. It's still a great machine but I just can't anymore. Same thing with the flex 15mm the handle just wasn't cutting it for me.

Sent from my Pixel using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Yea I read about the delayed start, and from my understanding the BOSS machines are instant power with a progressive trigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy the Rupes 15 and don't worry about a warranty. How many people on here have had warranty issues with a Rupes? The Griots is a good machine too and it's cheaper. You really can't go wrong with either or even the Flex 15. I would choose a 15 over a 21 just for maneuverability, but if you are doing a lot of cars get a 15 and a 21, whatever brand.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen Mike Phillips talk about using a 7" pad on a rupes 21 for doing contoured panels where the pad ends up "reverse rotating" to help continue correction. In this situation, would this be a technique to consider, or stick to a 3"BP on the old machine?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I decided to purchase the BOSS G21 along with the BOSS Creams. Can't wait to receive them. Thanks to everyone that chimed in!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDetail View Post
    Just wanted to give you guys an update. I decided to purchase the BOSS G21 along with the BOSS Creams. Can't wait to receive them. Thanks to everyone that chimed in!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    Now go on IG and add Jeff Brown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12