autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots products and boss system, why I'm switching!

I have been a dedicated Rupes and Meguiars user for a long time. recently as some of you know my friend Rod Kraft left Meguiars and went to work for Griots. As enthusiastic as he was about Meguiars, I felt this must mean Something! He came to the shop and we worked on a test hood with the Boss system and I was impressed to say the least.But what really impressed me was the machines.I had the opportunity to use a pre production one at NXT east and wasn't impressed ,the vibration was terrible.But whatever they've done has impressed me! After using the liquids for a few weeks I have been trying some of the other products also.So a week or two ago my Rupes 15 that was one of the first in the country finally gave up. So I purchased a Griots 15.After using it on several cars I am not going back! virtually no vibration,and I love the rubber grips.with the warranty and the time they give you to try it,I don't think that you can beat It! Now I am in no means knocking Rupes or Meguiars as they have been very good to me over the past years.And I know some have called them a knockoff , I think they have improved some aspects and I like the fact they tell me how to make the machine better and include the washer if I need it. So with that being said we are switching to all Griots products and with the exception of my I brid all Griots machines and products.I highly suggest you give them a try!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots products and boss system, why I'm switching!

The boss creams are fun to use and work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I have three Rupes tools and the GG6 and G21. I prefer my Duetto and always reach for it first. It's light and nimble and handles most tasks. When it doesn't give me the correction power I need I grab my "heavy" G21 LOL. What I like about the G21 is the interchangeable backing plates from 5"-6". I like the Boss pads too but not the price.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Griots has been making strides lately if you ask me. The boss system creams are second to none. I enjoy the pads and like they are sold in 2 pack with a decent package that is easy to store in a bag for on the go jobs. I still enjoy many other products but they have me wanting to try more of their lineup due to great results in everything I have tried. The g15 I have is a solid machine I didn't care for it compared to the rules I had used previously which was documented before, that being said since I have more seat time I have refined the way I use the g15 and overall am pleased with it at this point. Their warranty on machines continues to be outmatched so I can get over it running hotter and being marginally louder. Solutions were a nice set of gloves and some good tunes and I'm now happy.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm tempted to give them a try as well. I was thinking of posting a question in a new topic: "Who's switched exclusively to Griot's." I have a variety of products now (mostly Meg's and PB's) but I'd love to try a single source/brand if it's feasible.

Post Thanks / Like

I suppose its tomato tomato, but Rupes will be or are made in the USA, no brainer. Unless you really like chinese food

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    I suppose its tomato tomato, but Rupes will be or are made in the USA, no brainer. Unless you really like chinese food
    Rupes tools will be "assembled in the USA" with their components being imported from Italy.

I'm all for buying "made" in the USA whenever possible or "assembled" in the USA as a second choice as Americans are employed in the assembly process.

I own three Rupes and two Griot's tools all of which were imported and I bought them from American businesses.

Being in manufacturing packaging sales my livelihood depends on it.

That being said just curious Jeff, whatever device you use to post here, where is it made?
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    recently...my friend Rod Kraft left
    Meguiars and went to work for Griots.

As enthusiastic as he was about Meguiars,
    I felt this must mean Something!

But what really impressed me
    was the machines.
    •Jason Rose---leaving Meguiar's to
    go work at Rupes, USA---means an
    even a bigger SOMETHING, IMHO.

•Griot's Machines:
    -I've always been impressed with
    Mr. Griot's highly regarded, and
    incomparable Polisher warranties.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Rupes tools will be "assembled in the USA" with their components being imported from Italy.

I'm all for buying "made" in the USA whenever possible or "assembled" in the USA as a second choice as Americans are employed in the assembly process.

I own three Rupes and two Griot's tools and I bought them from American businesses.

Being in manufacturing packaging sales my livelihood depends on it.

That being aid just curious Jeff, whatever device you use to post here, where is it made?

If there was a lap top that was 40 bucks more and made in the usa then this Asus, Id buy it. I drive a dodge, my wife drives a Jeep. Ive never owned a foreign car except my wifes bimmer back when. I shop at farms more often than not, I buy local honey yadda yadda. Room for improvement for sure, oh and my work boots are made in the usa redwings.

Any other nonsense you want to throw my way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    If there was a lap top that was 40 bucks more and made in the usa then this Asus, Id buy it. I drive a dodge, my wife drives a Jeep. Ive never owned a foreign car except my wifes bimmer back when. I shop at farms more often than not, I buy local honey yadda yadda. Room for improvement for sure, oh and my work boots are made in the usa redwings.

Any other nonsense you want to throw my way?
    Sure, doesn't Fiat own Dodge LOL.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, also known as FCA, is an Italian-controlled multinational corporation

The CEO and executive management including twenty-two employees work between Auburn Hills, Michigan and Turin, Italy.[13] The other operating activities of the new group remained unchanged, with manufacturing, design and engineering facilities remaining in Turin, Italy, Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States and other locations worldwide, including Canada, India, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Poland, and China.

This is pretty interesting:

In today's global economy, there's no easy way to determine just how American a car is. Cars.com's American-Made Index looks at cars on a model-by-model basis, not by manufacturer. It recognizes cars that are assembled here, using a high percentage of domestic parts, and which are bought in large numbers by American consumers.
    Five of this year's eight AMI cars are from foreign-based automakers; the last time a Detroit Three vehicle topped the AMI was in 2014, when the Ford F-150 pickup truck ranked No. 1. (This year's F-150, like many other vehicles, fell below the AMI's 75-percent eligibility threshold for domestic-parts content.) But in a year when auto manufacturing has been the subject of controversy on the presidential campaign trail, it's important to remember the AMI rates cars, not automakers.

Read more at https://www.cars.com/articles/the-20...YIUbM5Acrl4.99
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast