autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots products and boss system, why I'm switching!

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    How does Jescar Correction Compound compare to Griot's FCC?
    Jescar correction compound is a updated version of 400, that dust much much less.

However it is still a DAT diminishing abrasive. While it is always good to keep a DAT in your arsenal, I still love 400 alot.

If you are doing a 2 step it really doesn't matter how good you finish in the first step so why would you want to lose cut at the end of your,buffing cycles? (ie: 400 or jescar)

FCC doesn't diminish it continues to cut as you work the product making you do less passes.

And as far as I'm concerned fast correcting cream still finishes amazing, and finishes better than 400 on a microfiber cutting pad.

Griots products and boss system, why I'm switching!-28316872615_b35bd0659a_b-jpg

That was done with a Meguiar's cutting pad and fast cream no polish.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Do the BOSS polishes/compounds work with any DA and pad set up, or are they designed specifically to work with a long throw GG polisher and their associated pads?

I don't have a GG DA, but like all the reviews I'm hearing regarding the polishes. My current compound/polish stock is starting to run down and I could buy a bottle of all three grades of the BOSS polish for about the same price of two grades of polish from other brands.
    You can use the boss system on any da.

Infact it will make any 8mm da perform better, the low profile pads will increase rotation and that means accelerated correction.

I use the boss pads and boss creams with my gg6 all the time. It will make your pc or gg6 a monster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Recreational detailer here, but: I switched to Griot's stuff years ago after moving away from parts-store products. I've always had good luck with anything of theirs I've tried. Their stuff as mentioned has just been getting better and better.

I was glad to see Mike giving the Complete Compound high praise on his Challenger write up, as I've been using that since it came out and have really liked it. Very easy to work with. I got the BOSS Correcting and Perfecting Creams to try when I do my next round, and am excited to see how they compare.

I will admit- the old Best Of Show liquid wax wasn't exactly idiot proof, and the old Machine Polish X's were dusty and harder to wipe off (though that was back when I was just learning - there may have been some over-application involved... New(er) favorites include the BOSS pads, Liquid Gloss Poly Wax, their Premium Carnauba Paste Wax is awesome, and obviously anything PFM.
    Everything griots has been making has been impressing me as well, and the best of show liquid wax has been updated as well, and now buffs off very easy.

Keep your eye out for the new bottle that says new formula for easy wipe off.

My favorite products are the boss creams and boss pads.

However I love the pfm towels, I love the car wash, the best of show paste wax is a great bang for your buck paste wax that is easy to apply with great results.

And poly wax has some amazing protection and water beading.

I have to try the best of show detailer though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    You can use the boss system on any da.

Infact it will make any 8mm da perform better, the low profile pads will increase rotation and that means accelerated correction.

I use the boss pads and boss creams with my gg6 all the time. It will make your pc or gg6 a monster.
    The BOSS foam pads tends to soften pretty quickly which reduces cut AND rotation. I've tried B&S low profile foam and original B&S foam pads which are both thicker than the BOSS pads and get better rotation on the GG 6". All in 5.5". It just really depends.

Jescar correction compound is a updated version of 400, that dust much much less.

However it is still a DAT diminishing abrasive. While it is always good to keep a DAT in your arsenal, I still love 400 alot.

If you are doing a 2 step it really doesn't matter how good you finish in the first step so why would you want to lose cut at the end of your,buffing cycles? (ie: 400 or jescar)

FCC doesn't diminish it continues to cut as you work the product making you do less passes.

And as far as I'm concerned fast correcting cream still finishes amazing, and finishes better than 400 on a microfiber cutting pad.

Griots products and boss system, why I'm switching!-28316872615_b35bd0659a_b-jpg

From a reliable source, FCC actually still does diminish. Not sure if this is true. I'll have to ask Jeff Brown. The abrasives may start of bigger with Jescar, but FCC still does diminish. I think Meguiars SMAT and HD series are the only polishes that are truly SMAT, where they don't really break down. Also, Griot's BOSS creams are a pain to remove on soft paint, IME. Jescar has just as much cut and wipes off easier on all paint systems. Jescar is a completely different formula than FG400, not just dusts less.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I have been a dedicated Rupes and Meguiars user for a long time. recently as some of you know my friend Rod Kraft left Meguiars and went to work for Griots. As enthusiastic as he was about Meguiars, I felt this must mean Something! He came to the shop and we worked on a test hood with the Boss system and I was impressed to say the least.But what really impressed me was the machines.I had the opportunity to use a pre production one at NXT east and wasn't impressed ,the vibration was terrible.But whatever they've done has impressed me! After using the liquids for a few weeks I have been trying some of the other products also.So a week or two ago my Rupes 15 that was one of the first in the country finally gave up. So I purchased a Griots 15.After using it on several cars I am not going back! virtually no vibration,and I love the rubber grips.with the warranty and the time they give you to try it,I don't think that you can beat It! Now I am in no means knocking Rupes or Meguiars as they have been very good to me over the past years.And I know some have called them a knockoff , I think they have improved some aspects and I like the fact they tell me how to make the machine better and include the washer if I need it. So with that being said we are switching to all Griots products and with the exception of my I brid all Griots machines and products.I highly suggest you give them a try!

Nice seeing some other reputable pros giving the BOSS line some love!

Just as an FYI, as I don't think many know this, but Jeff Brown and Rod Kraft are not the only long time Meguiar's employees that have left Meguiar's and are now currently working at Griot's. IMO big things are in store for Griot's, especially seeing all the experience additions to the team. I'm super excited for the future!

Jim Williamson (Product Marketing Manager)
    Doug Hodge (Vice President of Sales)
    John Keeling (Sales, Marketing, Training)
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post

Nice seeing some other reputable pros giving the BOSS line some love!

Just as an FYI, as I don't think many know this, but Jeff Brown and Rod Kraft are not the only long time Meguiar's employees that have left Meguiar's and are now currently working at Griot's. IMO big things are in store for Griot's, especially seeing all the experience additions to the team. I'm super excited for the future!

Jim Williamson (Product Marketing Manager)
    Doug Hodge (Vice President of Sales)
    John Keeling (Sales, Marketing, Training)

Post Thanks / Like

joe, have you used any of the BOSS creams with the new lake country microfiber cutting pads?

Post Thanks / Like

Griots products and boss system, why I'm switching!

FCC uses sub micron abrasives, but it does diminish after 2-3 section passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    joe, have you used any of the BOSS creams with the new lake country microfiber cutting pads?
    No I have not, got some pads to do a review and write up on.

I'm doing the hd orbital pads, and I got some lake country's to play with. I'll let you know

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345