autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots products and boss system, why I'm switching!

The good news is that these companies are coming out with legitimately improved products for the end users.

Wether it be tools, liquids, pads, accessories the improvements continue.

Post Thanks / Like

Really glad to see Griots continue to get their due for what they have done recently. They completely earned me back after I had bad experiences with their early polishes and Best of Show Wax. I love my G21 and reach for it more often than my MKII Rupes. Still working towards replacing my pads with the Boss ones, as I really enjoy using them, and Fast Correcting Cream has replaced everything except M101 for me.

Poly Wax is something that I have a feeling will catch on more at some point as well, and their PFM towels are fantastic. Home run after home run as of late.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to only use Rupes and meguiars products as well until I decided to pick up a G21 along with some BOSS polishes and pads. I was extremely impressed from the very beginning of handling the g21. While I still do use my Rupes 21 mark ii, I do pair my Rupes with BOSS pads and creams most of the time just because I always get very consistent results.

Post Thanks / Like

Everytime I think I've decided on G15 vs Rupes 15 Mk II someone lobs another shell which explodes in indecision. Now you've also got me questioning my appliances.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Sure, doesn't Fiat own Dodge LOL.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, also known as FCA, is an Italian-controlled multinational corporation

The CEO and executive management including twenty-two employees work between Auburn Hills, Michigan and Turin, Italy.[13] The other operating activities of the new group remained unchanged, with manufacturing, design and engineering facilities remaining in Turin, Italy, Auburn Hills, Michigan, United States and other locations worldwide, including Canada, India, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Poland, and China.

This is pretty interesting:

In today's global economy, there's no easy way to determine just how American a car is. Cars.com's American-Made Index looks at cars on a model-by-model basis, not by manufacturer. It recognizes cars that are assembled here, using a high percentage of domestic parts, and which are bought in large numbers by American consumers.
    Five of this year's eight AMI cars are from foreign-based automakers; the last time a Detroit Three vehicle topped the AMI was in 2014, when the Ford F-150 pickup truck ranked No. 1. (This year's F-150, like many other vehicles, fell below the AMI's 75-percent eligibility threshold for domestic-parts content.) But in a year when auto manufacturing has been the subject of controversy on the presidential campaign trail, it's important to remember the AMI rates cars, not automakers.

Read more at https://www.cars.com/articles/the-20...YIUbM5Acrl4.99
    And if he bought them prior to the Fiat take over, then he bought a Diamler vehicle. LOL Not AMERICAN.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    the BOSS polishers were built from the ground up from with each component scrutinized and chosen. it's tiresome to keep saying that they are rupes knock-offs when they only have the similiar/same throw in common.
    What about the identical counterweights? Lol.

... But seriously, if you want my honest opinion I'll say that I like being able to custom fit my pad size to fit the vehicle/situation all the way from largest, to a near tight squeeze all with the same polisher/G21, without having to sacrifice its performance in any way. Now that's what I call value for my hard earned buck. Same can't be said for the more expensive MARKll.

Sent from my iPhone

Post Thanks / Like

here's a few videos for those who haven't seen them...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What about the identical counterweights? Lol.

... But seriously, if you want my honest opinion I'll say that I like being able to custom fit my pad size to fit the vehicle/situation all the way from largest, to a near tight squeeze all with the same polisher/G21, without having to sacrifice its performance in any way. Now that's what I call value for my hard earned buck. Same can't be said for the more expensive MARKll.

Sent from my iPhone
    what people don't realize it's not like they got a polisher and slapped their label on it. they had a cast mold and had input/control from everything from the outside/inside. also the R&D that went into using it with the different backing plate, pads, innerflex, and creams which spanned over close to two years. jeff brown had a hand in the creation of the megs DA microfiber system so having his knowledge and input has spoken/shown and only continues to help move GG forward (lots of talented people over at GG). with all this talk about the BOSS G15/21, let's not forget the GG6 which is one heck of a DA as well!

to the OP: i've never met rod kraft but i'm sure he is very knowledgeable and will help move GG ahead with his input/experience...

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you like the machines and the entire system.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

How does Jescar Correction Compound compare to Griot's FCC?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast