autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Socket Convertor for GG 6" ROP

Hlo sir,

i bought GG 6" random orbital polisher from amazon. But my polisher having two pin type plug cord. I want to use this polisher in india. If i want to use this polisher in india , i need to attach/use any convertor before plug in this polisher to main power connection board.

Because in india having 220v..

Plz clear my doubt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Socket Convertor for GG 6" ROP

Plug wise is a simple fix. Either use a socket adaptor or change the plug with correct live and neutral wire. More importantly is you need a voltage converter that able to manage the wattage of GG6 (probably 1000w or more) and convert from 110v to 220v.

Post Thanks / Like

Im planning to use step down transformer for GG 6" from 220v to 110 v .if i use step down transformer it ll reduce the life span of my GG 6" ROP machine or any thing would happen?????

Plz help me

Post Thanks / Like

Not that i know off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschia View Post
    Plug wise is a simple fix. Either use a socket adaptor or change the plug with correct live and neutral wire. More importantly is you need a voltage converter that able to manage the wattage of GG6 (probably 1000w or more) and convert from 110v to 220v.

if i prefer step down transformer for GG in india , can i take 1000w step down transformer or else i ll go to 1500w??

which is ok 1000w or 1500w step down transformer???

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rifay View Post
    if i prefer step down transformer for GG in india , can i take 1000w step down transformer or else i ll go to 1500w??

which is ok 1000w or 1500w step down transformer???
    I am in same boat. If u figured out please let me know too.

Post Thanks / Like

It has a 850w electric motor in it. So a 1000w converter would be enough. If useing a extension cable I would go with a 220v from the electric outlet and then the converter and the polisher connected to that.

/ Tony

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    It has a 850w electric motor in it. So a 1000w converter would be enough. If useing a extension cable I would go with a 220v from the electric outlet and then the converter and the polisher connected to that.

/ Tony
    Thanks swetm.
    Polisher is with 25’ cord itself. So don’t need extension.

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I emailed Griots Garage and their reply is as under:

Thank you for taking the time to email us here at Griot's Garage. We do not recommend that the unit be conver

I am confused now. I have already bought the unit.

Post Thanks / Like

It can be that they meen that you don't open the polisher up and do a convertion by your self. But if you would be extra carefull use a 1500w 220v to 110v converter. Since you often use the polisher a long time so you have a heat building up in the electronics. I don't see why a converter would not be any problems with if you have one that can handle the watts. Maybe it can be something with the hz as some is 50hz and others are 60hz. From the electric power your country has. And sorry I don't have a lot of knowledge more than this. Maybe talk to an electrician and he can help you out more about the converter specs you need to use. Take the polisher with you or a picture of the specs on the polisher if anything would be to answer on it.

If doing it your self and buy the converter. Just keep a eye and feel of the heat generated on the polisher body and the electric cables and the converter it self. There is where the signs are if you pressure it too much. Know that it's gonna build up heat anyways but not so high that you burn your self or you get a high smell of what powertools can smell like if you used them before. And if possible take a little longer breaks so it can be cooling down sometimes. That I need to be doing with my cheap Rupes copy of polisher LOL.

12. Thanks surajdhillon thanked for this post
    Likes surajdhillon liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast