autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage Complete Polish & Compound

anyone try these out (same sub-micron abrasives found in the BOSS creams)?
    seem like they would be a great one-two punch similiar to megs UC and UP..

Griot's Garage Complete Polish

Make your paint pop! A perfect follow-up to Complete Compound, Complete Polish's advanced sub-micron abrasives gently remove mild, hairline imperfections, creating a smooth, highly reflective surface. While unique blend of polishing actives breathe new life in your car's finish. Dark cars get a deeper luster and light cars get a brighter shine... everybody wins!

Griot's Garage Complete Compound

You'll be impressed how Complete Compound's advanced formula makes quick work of eliminating defects, leaving a wax-ready finish while adding depth and vitality to your paint. Not only does Complete Compound™ enhance your finish, it is also formulated to wipe off quickly and easily with a clean microfiber cloth and buff to a glossy shine. It can be applied by hand or with a Random Orbital and is safe for all automotive paint finishes, including clearcoats. Complete Compound's exclusive cutting-edge abrasives cheat physics by starting out with superior defect removal capabilities, but as it's worked into the surface the compound leaves an ultra-fine finish that's ready for a wax or sealant. Try it once and you'll never look back!
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage Complete Polish & Compound

The Complete Polish is marketed for HAND use, which would indicate that you could apply this quickly to wipe out any existing wax while refreshing the paint to receive another application of wax or sealant. Adams had a product like this years ago called REVIVE polish that was exactly the same principle...for guys that still like to use their hands over machines for a quick paint refresh just before wax.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had a chance to use Complete Polish yet, but I have used Complete Compound on BLACK paint and I was very impressed with its performance, especially at the price of entry.

Up Close & Personal: Griot's Garage Complete Compound & Micro Fiber FAST Cutting Pads

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek

Working on an area about 16 x 16 inches square, I spread the compound at speed 3 them bumped the speed up to 6. This is the highest speed setting on Griot's 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher.

Griot's Garage Complete Compound wiped off with ease. It's also worth noting this is one of the few compounds available that actually features a pleasant fragrance.

Conclusion
    As you can see below Griot's Garage Complete Compound paired with their new Micro Fiber FAST Cutting Pad removed the defects with ease. A second polishing step with a foam polishing pad will remove any light micro marring that was created by the microfiber pad.

The quality of the finish below is above average for an aggressive compound paired with a microfiber pad. Microfiber pads are not designed for show-car quality work, but they do remove defects very quickly.

50/50:

Seeing how I'm a fan of testing every new product that makes its way to Autogeek, I'll be taking a bottle of Complete Polish home this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    anyone try these out (same sub-micron abrasives found in the BOSS creams)?
    seem like they would be a great one-two punch similiar to megs UC and UP.
    Ok, I'm totally confused. The product pages for these two say they replace Machine Polish 1-4. You say they use the same abrasives as in the BOSS creams. Why do these and the BOSS products both exist? These seem to be about half the price of the BOSS products, why would you choose BOSS over these (except maybe for the Fast Correcting Cream which I presume has more cut than the Complete Compound)?

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ok, I'm totally confused. The product pages for these two say they replace Machine Polish 1-4. You say they use the same abrasives as in the BOSS creams. Why do these and the BOSS products both exist? These seem to be about half the price of the BOSS products, why would you choose BOSS over these (except maybe for the Fast Correcting Cream which I presume has more cut than the Complete Compound)?
    Complete Compound and Complete Polish are replacing Machine Polish 1-4.

The BOSS system is still superior in every regard, and is optimized for use with the BOSS pads, BOSS polishers, etc.

It's like Meguiar's Ultimate Compound is Meguiar's M105 "light."

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, that clarifies that, thanks Nick.

Post Thanks / Like

nick, i look forward to your thoughts on the complete polish . looks like another winner from the folks at Griot's!
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious-- what came out first, the complete compound/polish or the Boss creams?

Anyone have experience with the complete polish?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harpolith View Post
    Just curious-- what came out first, the complete compound/polish or the Boss creams?

Not sure if you ever saw this thread.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...uld-proud.html

Mike Phillips

To my knowledge, the BOSS system was introduced first.

A little bit.... with this old 2-door orange car...

I wrote a very in-depth write-up for the Griot's Complete Twins - included LOTS of tips and techniques throught the entire article. It could be turned into a book.

Step 5: The Polishing Step with Griot's Complete Polish

Products used

• Griot's Complete Polish
    • Griot's Garage 5.5" Black Foam Finishing Pad
    • Speed Setting - 6.0

Kissing the finish
    If you look at the splotches of polish on the paint in the below picture, this is a technique called,

Kissing the finish

You can read about what it is, why to do it and how to do it here,

Kissing the Finish by Mike Phillips

How to use Griot's Garage to detail your car - A detail job Richard Griot would be proud of!

Just to note - the compound is a tick difficult to wipe off. I told my experience about this to Jeff Brown at Griot's.

Hopefully they'll improve it.

It works great, just want to wipe it off immediately after buffing a section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast