autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex PE8 vs Rupes Mini

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I love my Rupes Mini, I couldn't detail w/o it. I have a PE8, I live w/o it all the time. I hate it. Way to much power and very dangerous, it'll cook paint and pads in seconds. You have to pay 100% attention the whole time you use the Flex, one slip and you'll pay for it. It also torques in your hand.

So for me it's the Mini all day long.
    I'm not a huge fan of the pe-8 as well.

It's usefully with the 1 and 2 inch pads, but if I'm going to be using a 3-4 inch pad, it's lhr75e for me.

I am not comfortable with the big adapter on it as well, it's a awkward center of gravity and I'm just not comfortable with it.

Everyone has there own likings and comfort , and I just love my lhr75e

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the pe-8 as well.

It's usefully with the 1 and 2 inch pads, but if I'm going to be using a 3-4 inch pad, it's lhr75e for me.

I am not comfortable with the big adapter on it as well, it's a awkward center of gravity and I'm just not comfortable with it.

Everyone has there own likings and comfort , and I just love my lhr75e
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Why go through the Hassel of buying a Chinese copy, your going to spend almost the same amount of money, as the real one, and what happens when it breaks? Or you need it fixed who do you call ? You just threw money down the toilet.

I forked over the extra 100 dollars and got the lhr75e a proven tool with a real company behind them.

Not to mention your supporting autogeek by purchasing from them and they have fantastic customer service them selfs.

Hey look, all of you need to stop with the crying about people buying long throw DA polishers that are not made by RUPE'S. The copies are already out there and the number of choices is multiplying. I personally already own a LHR75E, but I also own a Chinese copy of one that I bought now that my son helps me on some details. It works perfectly fine and has all the power needed to do serious correction. My only complaint about it is that the trigger lock can release a bit too easily when bumped. It has been used on probably 10-12 cars by now and is holding up without any issues. It is honestly not really any different than the RUPE'S when in use.

We all would love to own the finest tools and drive the finest cars but that isn't going to happen. A $100 may not be a lot to some people, but it is to many. Especially when they are just working on their family cars. And it was actually $200 cheaper than a full priced Mini. That would buy a lot of pads.

Post Thanks / Like

If
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Hey look, all of you need to stop with the crying about people buying long throw DA polishers that are not made by RUPE'S. The copies are already out there and the number of choices is multiplying. I personally already own a LHR75E, but I also own a Chinese copy of one that I bought now that my son helps me on some details. It works perfectly fine and has all the power needed to do serious correction. My only complaint about it is that the trigger lock can release a bit too easily when bumped. It has been used on probably 10-12 cars by now and is holding up without any issues. It is honestly not really any different than the RUPE'S when in use.

We all would love to own the finest tools and drive the finest cars but that isn't going to happen. A $100 may not be a lot to some people, but it is to many. Especially when they are just working on their family cars. And it was actually $200 cheaper than a full priced Mini. That would buy a lot of pads.
    Zentool? How does it compare to 75E mini in concave areas?
    Is it like Boss vs 1st gen Rupes 25/21?

Post Thanks / Like

Are you asking about the backing plate spinning stalling? I personally feel that its just what you have to deal with on a free spinning spindle machine. They both stall in tight concave areas, but I feel that its also due to the bevel on the pads and the sharp corner. I bought a whole bunch of the 3" Megs PowerPads (they must be going to be discontinued as they are on clearance table at the auto stores) that are for the polisher adaptor for your drill. Those pads are beveled too but have a much more rounded edge to them and the pad edge doesn't 'drag' on the concave surface like the sharp beveled edge does and everything spins better. They are the typical Megs foams; burgundy cutting pad, yellow polishing pad, and black finishing pad.

On flatter surfaces I use the Rupes pads (except for the blue one which I haven't been able to get good results from)

Post Thanks / Like

I love my pe-8 so far especially with the 2 inch pads I have been able to polish areas I never considered doing by machine before. It also really opened my eyes to how much power the rotaries have. I just ordered a pe-14 and cant wait to try it out with the 7 inch pads for large panels. I also have a lhr15 which I really like also. I personally don't mind where the machine is made, I would prefer USA but choices are really limited, as long as it works well and is reliable. I started with a cheap HF DA and that thing is still running strong!

Post Thanks / Like

Just purchased the PE8 on the sale . Also I got some extensions bars for it, they are 3" and 6" long, hopefully I can polish the dashboard plastic protector now .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12