autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

i made a mistake...my fault

So i bought the 6 pack 5 inch Hybrids. I didn't read the description clearly. I missed the beveled part and the rear pad being 4 inch. I got the 4-3/8 inch backing plate.

Anyone know where I can get the 4 inch backing plate for the flex. I know theres the interchangeable ones but not too good reviews on that one. Chemical Guys has them but wanted to see if anyont else sells them. Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: i made a mistake...my fault

I still can't figure out why a couple of AGO people say there are problems with the Lake Country 4" Backing Plates. I have both the 7" and 4" Backing Plate from Lake Country (this was when LC sold both and now discontinued the 7" BP) and have no issues whatsoever.

I think you are really doing yourself a real big Dis-service by NOT getting it.

The only difference with the Lake Country BP is that you have to make sure the Plate lines up with the shaft mount...that's it. My guess is that is where the problem arises.

Additionally, Lake Country service is 2nd to none and I would assume they would replace a defective BP.

Again, that is me and I am perplexed as to why you aren't getting it based on a couple of negative forum reviews.

If you don't then the 5" Hybrid Pads you have are useless. I believe Lake Country designed those pads to work with the Flex as well as the Backing Plate.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

I have had no issues with my 4 inch Lake Country BP. Easy to change and works like a charm.

Walter

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
    2009 Volvo S60 2.5T Black 2011 Mini Countryman Oxford Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

AG has them, of course.

Gotta be weary. Some people have a bad experience with something, and all of the sudden, the world is crashing.

I came across reviews of the LC cyan h20 pads that would make you think that just looking at at them wrong would begin to send cyan foam bits flying around the garage. Then you look at post history, and can deduce that this guy probably beats the living hell out of them.

Not my style, thus they hold up great for me!

Same goes with that plate. LC makes high quality stuff. They'll help you out if you need it.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong AT ALL with the LC interchangeable backing plate system.

Just make sure you use the correct bolt(s) and washers for your plate(s) and you'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    I still can't figure out why a couple of AGO people say there are problems with the Lake Country 4" Backing Plates. I have both the 7" and 4" Backing Plate from Lake Country (this was when LC sold both and now discontinued the 7" BP) and have no issues whatsoever.

I think you are really doing yourself a real big Dis-service by NOT getting it.

The only difference with the Lake Country BP is that you have to make sure the Plate lines up with the shaft mount...that's it. My guess is that is where the problem arises.

Additionally, Lake Country service is 2nd to none and I would assume they would replace a defective BP.

Again, that is me and I am perplexed as to why you aren't getting it based on a couple of negative forum reviews.

If you don't then the 5" Hybrid Pads you have are useless. I believe Lake Country designed those pads to work with the Flex as well as the Backing Plate.
    The reviews I read were from the AGO store not the forum. Consistent reviews saying "it gets hot and brittle causing it to crack". Nothing that says about the shaft mount.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    AG has them, of course.

Gotta be weary. Some people have a bad experience with something, and all of the sudden, the world is crashing.

I came across reviews of the LC cyan h20 pads that would make you think that just looking at at them wrong would begin to send cyan foam bits flying around the garage. Then you look at post history, and can deduce that this guy probably beats the living hell out of them.

Not my style, thus they hold up great for me!

Same goes with that plate. LC makes high quality stuff. They'll help you out if you need it.
    Thanks! Takes a lot to make my world crash. But this ain't crashing it. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

The same person posted 2 reviews with little details except to say no good.I believe he installed the plate wrong and cracked it when he tightened it down.I have this 4" plate and ordered it because AGO will stand behind any product they sell. It is very well made and can't tell difference from OEM 5.5 plate that comes with the 3401 except size. Just buy it and enjoy your Flex.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Nothing wrong AT ALL with the LC interchangeable backing plate system.

Just make sure you use the correct bolt(s) and washers for your plate(s) and you'll be fine.

I'm still on the original launch "plate system" without any issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    The same person posted 2 reviews with little details except to say no good.I believe he installed the plate wrong and cracked it when he tightened it down.I have this 4" plate and ordered it because AGO will stand behind any product they sell. It is very well made and can't tell difference from OEM 5.5 plate that comes with the 3401 except size. Just buy it and enjoy your Flex.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast