autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A little paranoid

Amazon was selling the 3401 for $350, and I can get free 2 day shipping so I decided to buy it. They stated new condition and it was sold through Amazon, not some shady seller. When I got it, I noticed the box was damaged (not the shipping box, the actual box the machine comes in). The flex seems to be working good, and I can't tell that it's damaged in anyway, but for some reason I'm a little paranoid about it. The total was $372 because Amazon charges tax (so not as great of a price but still discounted) Should I return (free return shipping) and buy one elsewhere or do you think it's fine?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A little paranoid

Well the special edition Pink one is $350 here on AG too, too bad you didnt see that deal first.

What are you paranoid about? Plugging it in and turning it on? Im confused sorry.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Well the special edition Pink one is $350 here on AG too, too bad you didnt see that deal first.

What are you paranoid about? Plugging it in and turning it on? Im confused sorry.
    I'm bothered at the fact that I paid over $350 for something that could've been dropped in the warehouse or was returned after someone else used it. Kind of want Mike Phillips' books anyway, so I may return it just to get those with a flex from AG. It would be cheaper than buying the books now. And trust me, a few dollars doesn't matter to, but if it says new condition, there better be no doubt in my mind that it's new. (ok online shopping rant over)

Post Thanks / Like

I see. You dont want to use it more then return it. Sounds like you should just return it and get one from a better source... or see if Amazon will swap for you.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I see. You dont want to use it more then return it. Sounds like you should just return it and get one from a better source... or see if Amazon will swap for you.
    I agree- for the cost (because they aren't cheap), you should be 100% satisfied. I'd see if Amazon will swap it out. They are very good about that stuff.

Good luck.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

If the Amazon third party seller is "Palm Beach Motoring Accessories" you actually bought from AutoGeek. If so, not sure autogeek would charge taxes in your state as Amazon dose if you decide to return and purchase via autogeek.
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I agree- for the cost (because they aren't cheap), you should be 100% satisfied. I'd see if Amazon will swap it out. They are very good about that stuff.

Good luck.
    agreed.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice everyone. I like Amazon, but I think they should have listed it as open box. I'm going to return it and order through AG. Already have other stuff in my cart, so why not throw in a flex?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by switner View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I like Amazon, but I think they should have listed it as open box. I'm going to return it and order through AG. Already have other stuff in my cart, so why not throw in a flex?
    Amazon doesn't handle third party items they just do the monetary transaction. The third party drop ships from their warehouse/business. If you buy a "Prime" item Amazon handles the total transaction from the money, shipping and returns. When you return the Flex check the tracking number and see if it goes to Stuart, Florida aka PBMA/Autogeek.
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like

if there's no signs of use/wear on the item itself, why does damage to the box matter?